Peraton is seeking a RF/Wireless Spectrum Engineer to provide support to the Spectrum Planning Office (SPO) within the Defense Spectrum Organization (DSO), in Annapolis Junction, MD.
There is an ever-growing need for high-speed, high-throughput, wireless connectivity. Wireless Spectrum is a valuable finite resource. In 2015 the Federal Government created a 10-year plan to sell 25 MHz of DoD Spectrum to the wireless service carriers. In this position, you will assist Peraton in providing support to the Department of Defense (DoD) Defense Spectrum Organization for the tiered 10-year transition in the form of an Engineering Analysis Cell.
What you will do…
- Work in a group that supports the DoD’s participation in the 10-Year Plan to reallocate spectrum.
- Perform technical analyses and review of sharing studies performed by non-DoD entities.
- Run analyses to determine if AWS-3 systems in a specific geographical area using specified frequency blocks can be accepted in an area where coordination with the DoD is required.
- Work with software tools used to automate electromagnetic compatibility analyses, spectrum compression and sharing studies, or spectrum relocation studies.
- Provide technical feedback to tool developers about problems encountered and how the tool could be improved.
- Collect, codify, and manage technical data from multiple sources.
You would be a great fit if you have…
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or another related technical field.
- A minimum of five (05) years of related experience; 11+ years of related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Ability to run complex analysis tools, data management skills, and ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Knowledge of Electromagnetic Interference/Compatibility (EMI/EMC) analysis algorithms and mitigation techniques.
- Analysis of wireless communications and frequencies
- An active SECRET security clearance, which requires a US citizen.
It would be even better if you…
- Have knowledge of Cellular/Mobile Networks and scheduling algorithms.
- Have a familiarity with various 3GPP Specifications
- Are experienced with the Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
This position requires you to have and maintain an active DOD Secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance, you must be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
What you will get…
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.