What does a successful Sales Engineer, Senior do?
Sales Engineering is charged with providing subject matter and technical expertise in sales opportunities to facilitate the discovery and capture of business needs and opportunities, to develop and analyze solutions, and to engender confidence and credibility through presentation and direct interaction. The position is in support of Fiserv’s Payments product portfolio, specifically Fiserv’s Enterprise Payments Platform systems from both an on premise implementation and an outsourcing perspective.
Reports to: Manager, Sales Engineering (Americas)
Peers: Sales Executives, Account Managers, Product Managers
Primary Working Relationships: Sales Engineering team, Sales team, Account Management team, Product Management team
In this role, you will:
1. Work closely with the Sales team to provide full assistance in support of the successful achievement of sales targets while adhering to cost of sales objectives.
2. Illustrate the value of the Payments product portfolio to prospects in a compelling manner.
3. Responsible for aligning the Payments product portfolio capabilities (products and services) with client business requirements through a professional and ethical business approach which endorses Fiserv’s values.
4. Participate in the development & completion of submitted RFI/RFP documents, bid coordination, prospect qualification, discovery and requirements gathering, product demonstrations, technical discussions, and design solution proposals.
5. Promote and support sales opportunities into existing Fiserv accounts and help to ensure that customers are successful in their objectives and remain reference-able for Fiserv.
6. Adhere to solution selling techniques in line with the Fiserv Way of Selling tools and methods.
7. Represent Fiserv at Trade Show events and conferences to increase brand and solution visibility (company booth, panel discussions, industry speaker, etc.).
8. Develop credibility and confidence with prospects through the sales lifecycle through the demonstration of expertise and strong engagement skills.
9. Coordinate with Product Management and Development to ensure that the necessary environments and the most current demonstrable product release is available for use.
10. Develop demonstration strategies to promote strategic features and capitalize on customer and market driven value propositions.
11. Responsible for staying abreast of product roadmap and maintaining ability to effectively communicate roadmap to prospects and clients in support of business opportunities .
12. Responsible for understanding business and technical problems addressed by the products including key regulations, business drivers, evolving business needs, etc.
13. Responsible for staying current on competitive analyses and understanding differentiators between the company and its competitors.
14. Responsible for providing feedback from the market to Product Management and Development regarding products including identification of gaps between product functionality and market/customer demands.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• 5+ years experience with financial institutions or technology vendors servicing financial institutions
• High School Diploma Required, Bachelors degree preferred
• 5+ years experience in sales, pre-sales or implementation of software solutions, ideally in a similar solution area.
• Payments portfolio experience to include (EPP, PEP+, ARP)
Preferred Qualifications for Consideration:
• Experience indicating an understanding of / or ability to quickly acquire in depth knowledge of multiple product lines in support of the responsibilities above
• Experience indicating ability as an independent problem solver able to solve problems without precedents or guidelines
• Proven track record to understand and effectively connect with multiple functional groups
• History of managing complex projects
Learn more about us.
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
In this role, you will be aligned to our Financial & Risk Management solutions business (FRMS). Our solutions help financial institutions optimize their use of and return on capital by making risk actionable and transparent within their organizations. Solutions are offered in multiple delivery modes including software products, customer-funded development, alliance services, consulting, ASP and hosted services.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.