Security Analyst – U.S. Citizenship Required
CGI is one of the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you will have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 90,000 members strong.
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for a Security Analyst to join a CDM shared services program. You will be part of a team of cyber security working to improve the security posture of a wide range of agencies by identifying and help mitigating cyber risks. Security Analysts make up the core security team for CARE Watch and provide EDR subject matter expertise and experience. At a high level, they are responsible for interpreting the alert, providing remediation steps, and potentially assisting with response and recovery actions whenever/wherever appropriate.
This position is located in our Fairfax, VA office; however a hybrid working model is acceptable. You will be required to be in our Fairfax, VA office two days per week.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Interpret and incidents to understand the impact and threat mechanisms.
• Map and decipher the tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
• Own the response and remediation of every alert.
• Ensure that each alert description and CARE recommendation is clearly articulated to technical and management personnel.
• Develop proper response actions as part of guided response to Agencies, in the context of a specific security incident.
• Engage with the Agencies, through established communication channels, to guide through a response action.
• Develop possible remediation plan(s) for a specific security incident. Document as part of the playbook.
• Develop response and remediation templates.
• Work with a TIA to develop Tech Notes and Agency Advisories as needed.
• Provide the required subject matter expertise for effective EDR implementations.
• Assist with response and recovery actions when appropriate.
• Document lessons learned and best practices as part of day to day operations and review with CARE Director(s).
• Assist CARE Director(s) on CARE mission and vision.
• Support CISA and CETH as needed.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Due to the nature of the government contracts, this position requires US Citizenship.
• 3-5 years of experience required.
• Prior experience as a SOC Analyst, including coding and looking into different types of malware.
• Must have at least two of the following certifications:
• Security + and Network +
• Elastic Certified Engineer
• Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
• CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+)
• SANS GIAC Incident Handler (GCIH)
• EC-Council Certified Incident Handler (E|CIH)
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $106,300 – $204,600.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.