Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we’re 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We’re a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Please note that this resource can sit in Tempe, AZ, Charlotte, NC or Dallas, TX
Our group operates Splunk, an operational big data intelligence software, as a service for various teams within MUFG. We are seeking a motivated engineer to continue to build up our Splunk implementation, and to help our customers to fully utilize the power of Splunk. As a member of the team, the Splunk engineer will implement various solutions on Splunk, as well as supporting test and production Splunk installations. Successful candidates need to possess expert level hands-on solution building and administrative experience in Splunk. In addition, this level has all the tasks of a Senior Specialist Enforcing Splunk security strategies and support existing Splunk systems in accordance with policies, standards, guidelines and procedures. This is an expert level position. The expert will possess a level of knowledge and a skill set that goes beyond that of a Sr. Analyst. The expert will have detailed knowledge of several platforms and security systems. User level experience does not suffice.
- Utilize strong business and technical acumen to develop use cases and build Splunk apps, complex searches, custom reports/dashboards to meet requirements across a broad range of common enterprise applications
- Manage customer expectations.
- Support customer projects in multi-tenant Splunk installation.
- Solve customer issues, improved overall service SLA and satisfaction rate
- Support large scale Splunk deployments, optimize system configurations.
- Tune searches and related setup for the best performance.
- Adopt and expand our DevOps framework to manage changes, automate test and streamline/fasten deployment to our Splunk clusters Plan and implement technology initiatives.
- Consult and assist other MUFG teams on projects and issues related with real-time big data analysis
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Technology
- A must – 4-5+ years Hands-On experience with Splunk Administration.
- A must – 5+ years Hands-On experience with Unix/Linux system administration
- AWS (ec2, s3, lambda) experience
- Ansible experience
- CIM Data Normalization
- Git, bitbucket and Jenkins experience
- Experience with large scale implementations and technical infrastructure including servers, storage and network devices
- Understanding of observability pipelines and/or tools in the marketplace
- Knowledge of containers and container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.