The Senior Business Intelligence Engineer solves complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers. The Senior Business Intelligence Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Business Intelligence Engineer describes the tools, technologies, applications and practices used to collect, integrate, analyze, and present an organization's raw data in order to create insightful and actionable business information. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments
This position will utilize data to identify process improvements by doing root cause analysis. The role will drive a better understanding of the data and what the data is showing. Additionally, this role will help in determining and maintaining our quality and controls methodology around data analytics.
• Bachelor's degree
• Advanced experience with Python (2+ years), SQL (5+ years), and SSIS (5+ years)
• 1+ years experience developing automations for business processes using scripting languages. Knowledge of object oriented programming techniques helpful, but not required.
• 5+ years of technical experience in data analysis
• Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
• Advanced experience working with big and complex data sets within large organizations
• Experience analyzing data to solve a wide variety of business problems and create data visualizations that drive strategic direction
• Proficiency in understanding Healthcare related data
• Proficiency in verbal and written communication to senior and executive leadership
• Advanced Degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• Advanced in SQL, SAS and other data systems
• Experience with tools such as Tableau and Qlik for creating data visualizations
• Expertise in data mining, forecasting, simulation, and/or predictive modeling
• Experience creating analytics solutions for various healthcare sectors
– Experience working with Python
This position will be part of a dynamic and exciting new quality and controls department focused on reducing rework in the provider contract load area. This team will utilize data to drive process improvements, root cause analysis, and issues resolution. The team will focus on understanding processes such as IPAR submission and processes related to contract load and the impact of those processes to claims rework.
Scheduled Weekly Hours