Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
Job Description- Senior Cybersecurity Engineer and Liaison
The Senior Cybersecurity Engineer and Liaison works with and manages a small team providing technical expertise on a wide array of IT projects. The individual selected will serve as a liaison between a cybersecurity center and major IT programs to ensure that new technologies and capabilities are implemented effectively. The Senior engineer will work to evaluate new technologies (e.g. social media) to ensure that they are architected to meet security objectives. Frequently, the Senior cybersecurity engineer and liaison will provide detailed evaluation of how to securely incorporate new technologies into the customer’s IT capabilities. These recommendations are provided both verbally and in written forms to Senior managers so that they can make informed risk-based decisions.
The Senior cybersecurity engineer and liaison will also support the continuous evaluation of proposed changes to the customer’s IT infrastructure and capabilities.
The Senior cybersecurity engineer and liaison will focus on representing the cybersecurity program by providing specialized security expertise to specific programs on network security expertise to include: social media protections, methodical architecture evaluation, firewall rule evaluation, and intrusion detection and prevention sensor (IDPS) deployment.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and a solid understanding of social media trends and security risks. They also must have a firm understanding of large-scale enterprise cybersecurity and IT operations. They will also have experience with cybersecurity in the domains of vulnerability management, malware TTP's, networking protocols, and cyber incident management.
Key Personality traits that will do well in this environment:
- Inquisitive by nature; you know where to look to find answers.
- You enjoy collaborating and sharing information with other highly technical people.
- Able to formally document cyber whitepapers with short suspense.
Environment you will work in:
- The intersection of Cybersecurity and data. No better place to be.
- Highly technical and fast pace environment.
- Remote work as mission allows / limited travel, occasionally within DMV
Provide technical expertise and professional recommendations, working independently and subject matter experts, to ensure the maximum protection by cybersecurity defenses.
Prepare and provide written and verbal recommendations for mitigating cyber risks across a wide array of technologies
Supports numerous cybersecurity technical capabilities and infrastructure onsite and at several remote locations. Assist in new security tools deployment.
Document the standard operating procedures for supporting each capability as well as recovering from any system degradation.
Provide the requisite training on new capabilities and operational practices to other operations team members
Provide oral and written recommendations, in sufficient detail, to permit the sponsor to make an informed, independent decision on cybersecurity and threat related issues, particularly within the realm of social media and public diplomacy.
Provide direct customer support for knowledge-based implementation of security features on social media platforms, web-based technologies and services, laptops, workstations and servers as required.
Assist the sponsor in clarifying cybersecurity related policies and procedures, and determining technical solutions for cybersecurity issues.
Promote awareness of cybersecurity related issues among key decision makers and ensure sound security principles are reflected in sponsors visions and goals.
Provide weekly, or more often as required, updates to Cybersecurity Office management on cybersecurity related issues impacting sponsor and decisions reached.
Provide general information security (INFOSEC) support.
Conduct research pertaining to the latest cybersecurity threat vectors and technological advances.
Complete technical and security reviews documenting the vulnerabilities and exposures of varying technologies, and potential mitigating techniques and configurations.
Assist in the development of and response to Information Technology (IT) security policy.
Other information systems security support functions, as tasked.
Required core skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- Minimum six (6) years of experience in enterprise systems lifecycle management, structured system development methodologies (preferably Information Engineering), structured analysis, and/or information systems development or a relevant technical discipline
- Proficiency social media
- Proficiency in network protocol analysis, firewall and related technical protection rule analysis
- Strong logical/critical thinking abilities, especially analyzing existing database layouts, application architectures, schemas and developing a good understanding of the application model.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and customer service skills including the ability to work with Senior government officials.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with limited supervision.
- Work habits which show attention to detail.
- Demonstrated excellence in written communications.
- Extensive experience working with Government classified systems.
- Knowledge of secure technology implementations such as VPNs, encryption technologies, IPSEC, VLANS, and Wireless technologies.
- Thorough understanding of the federal rules and regulations that encompass Information Technology governance, including Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 (FISMA) and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) and Special Publication 800 series
Highly desired skills
- MS in related field
- Desired Certifications: CISSP, CISM, CCNA, RHCE, CEH, PMP
- Experience in developing test cases for technical certification
- Experience interacting with various bureaus within the Department of State
- Experience with email routing and troubleshooting
- Network load balancing
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
Some Telecommuting Allowed
USA VA Rosslyn
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.