Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
GDIT is hiring a Senior Data Analyst to provide data management, analytic, and visualization support for our program with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC); the Center for Global Health (CGH). As part of the Interagency Collaboration for Program Improvement (ICPI) established by the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR); CDC’s Division of Global HIV and Tuberculosis (DGHT), the Health Informatics Data Management and Statistics Branch (HIDMSB) has been entrusted with stewardship of PEPFAR data and analytics to monitor the impact of HIV programs and services and inform future investment strategies.
Position is for full time employment with GDIT and will work from the customer’s office in downtown DC (metro accessible on the Orange or Blue line to Farragut West and then walk two blocks to the building). Note: Currently observing full telework during COVID-19 pandemic
- Conduct high-level data interpretation and analysis of HIV/AIDS data using various data analytics platforms
- Develop and test innovative data analytic methods or applications to enhance insight of HIV program performance.
- Provide technical assistance in data management, analysis, and visualizations to DGHT headquarters and field staff.
- Prepare written summaries and presentations that reflect the results of the data analysis and present findings to agency leadership
- Help train PEPFAR headquarters and field staff on the use of data collection and analysis best practices
- Build data dashboards in various platforms including Excel and Business Intelligence platforms
- Liaise with stakeholders across different government agencies and HIV/AIDS program areas
- Manage unstructured patient level data to prepare for meaningful data analysis
- Develop methods, processes, or checks to assess and improve the quality of PEPFAR data across the data life cycle from reporting, entry, access, extraction, and use.
Travel Required: Up to 15% international and domestic travel (restricted during COVID-19 Pandemic)
- BA/BS required, Master’s degree preferred in Public Health, Statistics, Health Informatics, Health Sciences or related field of study, and at least 4 years of experience.
- BA/BS and MS/MPH with 4+ years of experience
- Understanding of data management principles using R, Power Query, Stata and/or SQL
- Proficiency in data wrangling (querying/connecting, transposing, merging, filtering, aggregating, cleaning) of large complex datasets using at least one of R, Stata, SQL, or SAS
- Proficiency in building data models using Power Query or similar
- Ability to create quantitative analytics tools, visualizations and applications in more than one of the following platforms: Excel, PowerBI, MicroStrategy, Tableau, R Studio/R Shiny, Python/Jupyter
- Expert user of Microsoft Excel, Power Query, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity interacting with stakeholders in PEPFAR such as: ICPI, OGAC and CDC DGHT
- Experience working on or awareness of HIV/AIDS program implementation in PEPFAR
- Background in public health, statistics or other health related field.
- Experience working in resource-limited settings.
- Experience working with BI platforms such as PowerBI, Tableau or MicroStrategy
- Experience in scripting using RStudio for data management and data visualization purposes using Tidyverse packages
- Experience working with or for a US government agency, including State Department
- Knowledge of methods in data science, modeling, and/or machine learning
- Experience working with big datasets and/or patient level data
- Capable of creating geospatial analytic products using RStudio or QGIS
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong verbal communication skills; must be comfortable and effective working with diverse audiences including technical staff, international staff, and others.
- Ability to work independently, including exploring new lines of investigation with minimal supervisory guidance
- Organized, intuitive, efficient and well-documented coding skills
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Passionate about making impact in global health
- Effective oral and written communication skills to communicate assignments and requests
- Superb interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as a team member
- Ability to multitask and effectively manage competing priorities
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
Some Telecommuting Allowed
USA DC Washington
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.