Founded in Syracuse in 1992, we are a critical response center focused on saving lives and protecting homes and businesses. Whether it’s a fire at a family home, an armed intruder at a business, a missing vehicle, an evening jogger, or a lone family member having a medical emergency, our heroes are there to help every day. Supported by teams of experts in their respective fields, our 600+ highly trained specialists are the 24/7 backbone for thousands of alarm companies across the country.
The Senior Database Administrator position is responsible for installing, configuring, managing, and upgrading company databases. In this role you will provide day-to-day operational and technical support for databases across the enterprise, offering technical expertise to other members of the IT team.
- Maintain the integrity, security, performance and availability of databases
- Manage a replicated architecture which provides tuning and monitoring of database security
- Perform backup and recovery of databases, index maintenance, performance tuning and monitoring of databases
- Conduct root cause analysis within a ticketing system and incident response forms on critical database events
- Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to company standards
- Demonstrate ability to analyze resource bottlenecks and provide suggestions to team, management, and internal customers on how to alleviate pressure and plan for capacity
- Provide recommendations and strategies to application owners on how to improve performance and scalability of their database components
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 5+ years of Microsoft SQL Server DBA experience
- Proficient knowledge to provide oversight and expertise to software developers in SQL tuning, coding and deployment of stored procedures
- Experience implementing and managing Windows clustering and AlwaysOn Failover Cluster Instances (FCI)
- Expert skill level executing SQL Server high-availability technologies (replication, mirroring, failover clusters, etc.)
- MCSA 2014+
Rapid Response Monitoring Services, Inc. is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Rapid Response Monitoring Services, Inc. is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact us by phone: 833.205.8900 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support or questions regarding the Recruiting process, please contact by sending an e-mail email@example.com. We are a company that participates in e-verify. For more information, see https://www.e-verify.gov/about-e-verify/what-is-e-verify
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.