Arup is proud to be recognized by Fast Company in their third annual Best Workplaces for Innovators list, which honors businesses and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging innovation at all levels. We find solutions for some of the world’s most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. You’d be joining our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
Our New York City office is looking to add a Senior Electrical Engineer to our multi-disciplinary team. At Arup, we use the latest design technologies and analytic methods to deliver projects which make a real impact. Sustainability, carbon reduction, and resilience are at the core of what we do. We are looking for a skilled Electrical Engineer who is looking to provide designs for a wide range of projects including EV/ZEV (Electric vehicles/Zero Emission Vehicles) infrastructure, laboratories, higher education, commercial, healthcare, data centers and distributed energy systems.
- Lead electrical systems design for various projects including electrical power systems, lighting, and fire alarm systems
- Lead a variety of medium to large-scale complex projects (healthcare, aviation, government, rail, higher-education, laboratories, EV/ZEV infrastructure).
- Expand our EV/ZEV planning, engineering and construction delivery services focused across all client types and market sectors.
- Assist in development of go-to-market strategies for EV charging infrastructure, low/zero emission fueling systems (hydrogen, renewable natural gas, biofuels) and vehicle fleet conversion planning.
- Develop MV/ LV conceptual schematics for EV/ZEV charging infrastructure including coordination with Utilities for electric services, charging equipment, battery energy storage systems and microgrid distributions.
- Develop EV/ZEV projects with a broad range of public/private clients across multiple sectors aligned with Arup’s North American and Global Key Client portfolio.
- Work with existing market sector, equipment manufacturers and client development leadership within targeted EV/ZEV high growth sectors.
- Develop and lead pursuit strategy bidding, winning, and successful delivery of exciting, high-profile, quality driven and commercially successful projects.
- Track the EV/ZEV market, technology, and regulatory developments, provide updates to internal Arup teams and participate in market facing events to increase Arup’s market profile.
- As SME, leading and coordinating teams of engineers, digital data specialists, transportation planning and sustainability professionals for the implementation of projects.
- Leverage existing and establish new strong trusted advisor relationships to help our clients to realize their organizational sustainability and decarbonization goals through understanding their needs and providing appropriate solutions.
- Work as an EV/ZEV subject matter expert (SME) and assist project delivery teams in meeting our client’s project needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Architectural Engineering
- 8 or more years of experience designing electrical systems for buildings.
- Familiarity with EV/ZEV technology and the supporting charging, fueling and information management systems needed for technology deployment.
- Familiarity with financial life cycle cost and carbon emission analyses and use of modeling tools to support the assessment of EV/LEV/ZEV technology is preferred.
- The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills are required for our constantly evolving environment
- Experience with US codes and standards
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills necessary for team-based working.
- Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
- Experience with design and analysis of EV/ZEV infrastructure, renewable and distributed energy systems
- Professional Engineering License in US desired
- LEED accreditation
- Experience with 3D BIM / CAD software such AutoCAD MEP or Revit MEP
- Project management experience
Benefits that Work – At Arup, we have a comprehensive and valuable benefits program that works for our employees and their families while keeping costs low. These benefits provide health and welfare security for you as well as paid time off for rest and renewal. Our Global Profit Share Plan (paid bi-annually) provides an opportunity for you to share in the success of the Firm. As a valued employee of Arup, you can also choose to participate in our 401(k) plan with up to 10% company match to help you save for your future.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement – Arup requires all new employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Arup is an equal opportunity employer and consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on disability or sincerely held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to Arup.
Flexible Working – We believe that flexible arrangements create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people. Options for alternative schedules and the ability to work outside of the office for a portion of your workweek are available.
Arup is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of national origin, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or other status protected by law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.