D3 Engineering is seeking experienced Sr. Embedded Software Engineers to execute the complete embedded software life cycle across multiple processor platforms. The goal is to create scalable and optimized real-time embedded software systems.
D3 Engineering is an engineering services company specializing in real-time signal processing: Hardware, software, and algorithms. We develop and produce embedded systems for some of the worlds most innovative technology companies. Our work enables next-generation products for performance-critical applications in medical, industrial, automotive, and defense.
D3 offers competitive salaries as well as medical and retirement benefits. Our engineers are engaged in cutting-edge, large company projects, yet in a small company atmosphere.
Core responsibilities for this position will encompass involvement in requirements definition & architecture, software design, implementing software, unit test and software/hardware integration.
- Working with embedded processors running bare metal, real-time operating systems and Linux on custom circuit cards. Will be responsible for a variety of technical tasks including assisting with board bring-up, developing driver and application level code, and system verification.
- Conduct and oversee code reviews, unit testing, debugging, and software/hardware integration.
- Drive process and standards improvement efforts.
- Provide technical direction and leadership in a non-supervisory capacity for complex engineering projects. Provide a high level of mentoring to other Software Engineers.
- Support project planning efforts including task definition and work effort. May develop and evaluate plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out by others.
- Expert knowledge of embedded software and firmware development, including C and C++.
- FPGA programming experience is a plus.
- Up to date experience with an Embedded Linux platform, its configuration, board support packages, boot loaders, kernel, drivers, and application development is highly desired.
- Experience developing with GCC/GNU toolchain and Linux development tools, including Git version control system
- Experience with the creation of custom Embedded Linux system platforms and associated SDK using Open Embedded based tools such as Yocto.
- Experience with embedded camera and video processing is desirable.
- Expert knowledge of simulation and analysis tools including debuggers, code analyzers, software testing tools, etc.
- Experience developing drivers for SPI, I2C, Flash, Timers, GPIO, Interrupts
- Ability to read schematics and debug digital hardware using oscilloscope, logic analyzer, or similar tools for troubleshooting.
- Capable of a big picture, system oriented approach
- Solid technical leadership skills and ability to serve as a project lead
- Excellent problem solving & troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering discipline along with 5+ years of relevant experience and/or equivalent combination. Masters Preferred.
- Demonstrated subject matter experience.
*Note: D3 Engineering does not sponsor visas.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.