Senior Engineer – Distribution Equipment & Reliability
Job Summary and Description:
Performs advanced engineering/scientific analysis with minimal direction and supervision. Beginning to demonstrate creativity and ingenuity in providing technical solutions. Works directly with EPRI staff and high interaction with members and industry.
• Conducts technical searches and analyzes information in support of the project team.
• Conducts independent research and begins to manage small, less complex projects
• Provides technical advice and counsel to other professionals within EPRI.
• Assists Project/Program managers in assessing customer needs, formulating technical approaches, preparing proposals, technical publications/papers, and making presentations.
• Reviews progress and evaluates results. Makes changes in methods, design or equipment where necessary.
• Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• 4-5 years of engineering experience or comparable work/educational experience required.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Required some supervision and guidance to recognize strategic issues and build collaborative projects
• Responsible for the success of individual projects
• Works closely with contractors or staff to complete project research
• May participate in multiple projects
• Individual contributor
• May present research results to advisors or technical staff/members
• Starting to develop technical depth in 1-2 areas
• Focus on projects within a program
Additional Job Information:
The ideal candidate would have:
- Enthusiasm and ability to identify and execute research projects to increase reliability, affordability, and safety of the distribution system
- Knowledge of electric distribution system and its components with a focus on equipment and/or system reliability
- Demonstrated experience in performing and managing laboratory testing activities including the safe design and implementation of tests. An ideal candidate would provide direction to lab staff and require minimal guidance from project managers.
- Ability to work independently to accomplish project goals
- Experience working in a project team, with many customers to build support and accomplish collaborative goals
- Good organizational skills with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
- Ability to effectively present research results to a range of stakeholders
- Ability to design, execute, and document industry-leading research projects
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly learn new technical areas.
EPRI participates in E-Verify, an online system operated jointly by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration (SSA). EPRI uses the system to check the work status of new hires by comparing information from the employee's I-9 form against SSA and Department of Homeland Security databases.
Note: To ensure compliance with U.S. export controls, please indicate your U.S. citizenship or (for foreign citizens) your U.S. visa/immigration status in your resume or cover letter.
EPRI is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/AA/M/F/VETS/Disabled
Together . . . Shaping the Future of Electricity.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.