Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader providing propulsion and energetics to its space, missile defense, strategic, tactical missile and armaments customers throughout domestic and international markets. We provide a complete line of propulsion products for launch vehicles, missile defense, and advanced hypersonic propulsion. These include the RS-25 (SLS), THAAD, EKV, CCtCAP, Delta launch vehicles, and the RS-68 engines.
Visit www.Rocket.com for more information on Aerojet Rocketdyne.
We are seeking a Senior Process Engineer with a focus in Welding to join our Manufacturing team in Canoga Park, CA.
This current opening may be filled at this level as posted or at one level higher.
50% – Oversee and troubleshoot critical weldments ensuring best practices for weld fit-up, cleanliness requirements and weld parameters are followed.
15% – Develop weld parameters and document best practices to support production.
15% – Perform statistical process analysis of welding processes.
10% – Define weld machine/specification requirements.
5% – Perform root cause analysis and disposition discrepant hardware.
5% – Accurately report problems, solutions, and results, in concise written and oral communications. Communicate effectively between team members and customer counterparts.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Weld Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, Industrial Technology and 5 years of experience in aerospace working with nickel, stainless, ferrous and aluminum alloys, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
US Citizenship required. Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
- Experience working with Torch Weld Jigs (TWJ), setting weldments up for exact shrinkages to fit TWJ post weld.
- Experience dispositioning hardware and performing root cause analysis.
- Process capability and statistical analysis experience.
- Previous experience developing weld parameters for manual and In-Place-Tube or Automatic G.T.A. welding or E.B. welding.
- Familiarity working with electronic planning, drawings, and pertinent documents such as weld parameters.
Demonstrated teaming skills.
- Strong analytical and communication skills (written and oral) are required, along with the ability to lead teams and work in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience using appropriate PPE.
- Experience with the following are a plus:
- Working with D17.1 or Journeyman Weld certifications.
- Writing weld machine specifications.
- Using electronic planning and drawings.
- Moving large structures or hardware.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
The work environment may require a combination of indoor and outdoor activity (hot, cold, wet, humid conditions) with a varied amount of walking, standing, sitting, climbing (i.e. ladders, stair, scaffolding, ramps), balance (maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces), bending, reaching, handling/fingering (seizing, holding, grasping, turning picking, pinching), stooping, kneeling, crouching and ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, employees may work around variable noise levels. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. May also be required to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.