Aerojet Rocketdyne is seeking a Senior Quality Engineer to join our team in Canoga Park, California (Los Angeles area).
In this role, you will be interfacing with Supply Chain Material Management (SCMM), Supplier Quality Assurance, Quality Engineering, Engineering and NASA/DCMA customers. This job also entails investigating problems.
This current opening may be filled at this level as posted or at one level higher.
Working under limited general direction:
70% – Performs and leads external audits of the quality management system against industry accepted quality management standards and internal command media requirements. Evaluates and assesses the capability of suppliers and subcontractors to maintain their status in Maestro database including maintenance of Enterprise Approved Supplier List (ASL); performance of suppliers and the supplier material processing procedures. Assesses and reviews 3rd party data and other audit data to determine health of suppliers and make recommendations to management regarding low performing suppliers. In addition, manages the schedule for the supplier Quality Management System audits. Participates in or leads Kaizen events to improve SQA processes. Supports initiative to reduce the CoPQ. Prepares, maintains and reviews procurement quality assurance procedures to ensure compliance with customer and/or government requirements. Participates in the NASA Joint Audit Planning Committee (JPAC) and lead audits with other members. Provides leadership and participates in cause and corrective action activities, failure investigations, metrics creation and quality improvement projects.
10% – Supports organizational metrics including Enterprise Support Plan, SQA Scorecard and department turnbacks analysis.
10% – Interfaces with suppliers by providing training in the Supplier Portal applications.
10% – Researches and supports GIDEP investigations or customer alerts.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline and at least 5 years of directly related experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
U.S. Citizenship required. Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
- Strong problem solving skills expected.
- Must have very strong computer skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Quality Engineering background and experience expected.
- This position reviews, analyzes and report quality discrepancies related to SQA business process. Ability to investigate problems; make recommendations and corrective actions for recurring discrepancies needed.
- Applicable codes, rules and regulations related to the area of assignment and organizational quality control policies and procedures.
- Quality engineering programs.
- Use of various computer systems to produce data, analyses and reports.
- Provideing solutions to quality analysis problems involving unusual complexity.
- Conceiving and planning quality projects involving the development of new approaches and methods to attain objectives.
- Providing input to department objectives and long-range quality goals.
- Keeping current within the area of specialty in support of quality project assignments.
- Performing documentation review and resolving quality issues.
- Performing comprehensive and complex quality analyses activities including supporting quality investigations.
- Applying quality and mission assurance practices and procedures to support quality systems development and implementation.
- Performing assessments and develops metrics in support of the purposes, objectives and standards of quality assurance programs.
- Preparing presentation materials in support of internal and external meetings.
- Planning, conducting and coordinating quality projects or major phases of significant project assignments, coordinating the efforts of support staff in the performance of assigned activities.
- Performing assessments and develops metrics in support of the purposes, objectives and standards.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit or stand and maintain attention to detail despite interruptions.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.