Bachelor of Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) related field, plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
An active Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we create the technologies, products and services that help our nation’s heroes keep our nation safe. The work we do is so advanced it’s often classified. Here you’ll work with the best and your talent will be front and center on projects that impact the world. Are you up to the challenge?
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
Your talent will play a key role in the success of the systems and technologies that help keep our nation safe. As a Senior Information Assurance Engineer, you’ll support the development of program required security documentation, including items such as security plans, contingency plans, and security tests plans and procedures in compliance with IA policy. This involves executing or supporting security testing and evaluation to ensure the correct implementation of security requirements.
What you’ll experience:
· Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
· A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
· Opportunities to gain new knowledge – as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
· A Bachelor’s of Science degree in engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree
· Solid understanding of systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories
· Solid understanding of verification and validation process
· Familiarity with cyber security specifications such as Risk Management Framework (RMF), DIACAP, STIGs and other government security specifications and guidelines
What sets you apart:
· Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
· Outstanding communication skills
· Ability to work collaboratively within a team and understand the concept of influence management
· Ability to clearly recognize and report relevant system security concerns and issues
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
PandoLogic. Keywords: Information Assurance Engineer, Location: Newton, MA – 02458