Insight Global is seeking a Senior Java Developer to work for a large financial company. This Senior Application developer will be working on the Market Risk Technology team responsible for working on applications and enhancements to support regulatory reporting. The Developer will work in a team to create new risk processes, and to re-factor and in some cases completely re-architect and replace, large components of the existing application. The successful candidate will be expected to:
– Have advanced Objected Oriented Development skills in order to create code that can be easily maintained and extended to meet the growing demands.
– For new development, the developer will be expected to work with business partners as well as upcoming regulatory guidelines in order to understand the needs and requirements and to analyze and design the necessary software.
– Design solutions that meet the business needs encompassing the full technology stack from back end database design, front end views and back end services and working with other developers to meet the requirements.
– Assure quality, maintainability, and extensibility for supported systems and risk applications
– Key technical resource on team building sophisticated and complex risk applications
The Market Risk Technology department provides world class business solutions to support Corporate and LOB Market Risk teams. The group works with its business partners in identification, measurement, aggregation and reporting of Market Risk across the firm. The group works closely with the lines of business to ensure that risks are being appropriately managed within the defined risk appetite for the firm. Market risk activities including market risk, counterparty credit risk, issuer risk, country risk and liquidity risk. The Market Risk systems perform valuation, simulation, aggregation and reporting of risk metrics and models on all simple (bonds) and complex (structured products, derivatives) securities products. The Market Risk systems are comprised of intraday and overnight batch processes that handle staging for all trading position data and market data required for risk modeling as well as making this data available to the various risk valuation systems. The Market Risk systems support various Regulatory reporting requirements including Volcker, CCAR, FRTB reporting.
– Previous Banking/Financial experience
– Previous Capital Markets experience specifically within Market Risk, Credit Risk or Limit Management Systems
– Experience working in an Agile environment
– Experience leading projects that require integration of multiple technology systems to deliver new online functionality and user experience
– Knowledge and understanding of technical documentation: impact analysis, detailed designs and unit test plans
– BS/BA in computer science, applied statistics, quantitative economics, operations research or a related field
– An industry-standard technology certification
– 7+ years of software engineering experience, primarily in Java Development
– 7+ years of Objected Oriented Design (OOD) experience
– 7+ years of experience designing software solutions using software architecture design principles
– 5+ years of SQL experience
– 4+ years of experience in application and data architecture and solution design
– Must be a strong problem solver, and analytical person
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.