Technology is constantly changing and our adversaries are digitally exceeding law enforcement’s ability to keep pace. Those charged with protecting the United States are not always able to access the evidence needed to prosecute crime and prevent terrorism. The Government has trusted in Peraton to provide the technical ability, tools, and resources to bring criminals to justice. In response to this challenge, Peraton is seeking a Sr. Java Developer with an expertise in RESTful Services to provide proven, industry leading big data capabilities to our customer.
What you’ll do…
- Work on the front line of the research, development, design, and deployment of a state of the art big data enterprise data loading solution that will revolutionize the way our customer interacts with their data.
- Design, test, code, and develop Java solutions to meet customer needs; ensure software continues to function normally through software maintenance, upgrade, and testing; document the application, service and environment as a reference for future operations and maintenance, including version and platform upgrades.
- Develop a Java-based application using the Spring framework.
You’d be a great fit if…
- You’ve obtained a BS degree and have eight (8) years of relevant experience. However, equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- You have eight (8) years of experience with programming and software development including analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, maintenance, quality assurance, troubleshooting and/or upgrading of software systems.
- You have four (4) years of using Java Software.
- You have experience in solution design and development of java applications using Spring framework, and micro-services using Spring Boot.
- You have experience with RESTful Services.
- You are Top Secret cleared with SCI eligibility and are able to obtain a polygraph.
It’d be even better if you…
- Have worked with AWS.
- Have prior experience with ETL code and using and ETL tools.
- Have experience using large scale, high-concurrency data processing tools and methods.
- Have experience using Scala.
- Have knowledge of Apache Spark or Databricks.
- Have experience with Kafka.
- Are comfortable with AWS Relational Database Service (RDS).
- Have experience with Data Warehouse API development.
- Have basic SQL or No-SQL query skills.
- Are a team player.
What you’ll get…
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
*This position requires the candidate to have a current Top Secret security clearance and the ability to obtain a polygraph. Candidate must possess SCI eligibility.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.