You will witness and will be part of the applications transformation journey to align with modern delivery techniques and tools that includes Java 8, Spring Boot, RESTFul Web Services, API on APIGEE, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker, MongoDB, Microservices to name a few. In Pricing department, we are pushing the razor edge of innovation and constantly striving to find new ways to solve the problem.
Apply to join Freddie Mac’s growing Pricing Execution, Single Family division as our newest Development Senior. This is an exciting opportunity for a Development Senior position to independently lead the solution delivery of issues as well as lead and mentor junior members on the team. The individual would champion technology and tools changes/improvements that streamline delivery processes.
Your Work Falls into Three Primary Categories:
- Understand Business Requirements, participate in Requirements Analysis, design applications based on System Requirements and Architecture, prototype if necessary, develop, unit test and deploy the application.
- Build Micro Services based solutions using Java/JEE frameworks, Docker and Open Shift.
- Newly created Micro Services will replace legacy Java/JEE monolithic application.
- Comply with the department application standards and general industry-based Java/JEE based application development principles, theories, concepts, documentation and techniques.
- Contribute and participate in design and code reviews.
- Contribute in creating delivery pipelines for newly created Micro Services on Docker and OpenShift platforms.
- Support building Micro Services practice within development group with objective to create standards, tools and training other developers.
- Support one of Freddie Mac’s core applications in providing Level 3 support. This support includes providing fixes to production defects and making light enhancements.
- Quickly evaluate defects, investigate cause and come up with solutions to address the defect.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience from which knowledge and skills may be obtained
- At least 5+ Years of experience in developing complex API’s, Enterprise applications specifically in Java, Spring boot, JSON/ XML Technologies.
- At least 2 years RESTful API’s, Microservices and System to System API development experience.
- Experience Jenkins, GitHub, Maven, Swagger & AWS technologies.
- Good hands on experience with Junit, Cucumber, Gherkin, Selenium framework for code testing.
- Strong database programming skills working with SQL (Oracle, DB2) and NoSQL (MongoDB) databases.
- Good understanding of JBoss/WebLogic/Tomcat servers and configurations.
Keys to Success in this Role
- Works under minimal supervision. Quick learner of new technologies and tools and able to provide technical guidance to the team and team members.
- Proactive in nature with business and stakeholder satisfaction as primary goal with strong written and oral communications skills.
- Innovative in providing solutions, likes to take on challenges with calculated risk.
- Not a just developer, but a developer with a mindset to think holistically to build a reliable, flexible, and well performing system
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.