Responsible for planning and designing new software and webapplications. Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new applications. Oversees the documentation of all developmentactivity.Trains non-technical personnel. Assists with tracking performancemetrics. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities.Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise. Employees at all levels are expect to:
– Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
– Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
– Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
– Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
– Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
– Drive results and growth
– Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
– Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
-Write tested, production-ready code using Java, spring boot, andNoSqlDBin an microservices based architecture.
-Participate in design and architecture sessions
-Build effective deployment and monitoring systems
-Support production environments
-Perform code reviews
-Participate in software release and deployment activities managed under an agile software development approach
-Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications. Develops software update process for existing applications. Assists in the roll-out of software releases.
-Trains junior Software Development Engineers on internally developed software applications.
-Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior level Software Development Engineers.
-Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
-Displays expertise in process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences.
-Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
-BachelorsDegree or Equivalent
Field of Study
– Engineering, Computer Science
Years of Experience
-Generallyrequires 7-11 years relatedexperience
-Experience in Java,Spring boot
-Experience in RESTful API and SOAP webservices.
-Experience in any of the following: Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes.
-Experience in code optimization and high-performance computing.
-Knowledge of networking protocols: HTTP/S, TCP, UDP
-Familiarity with microservice architecture and containerized deployment.
-Good current knowledge of Unix/Linux environments
-Experience in Test-driven development/test automation, continuous integration, and deployment automation
-Familiarity with distributed systems, asynchronous messaging, and network protocols.
-Familiarity with data serialization formats like XML, JSON and protocol buffers
-Knowledge of operational support tool technologies:Jenkins,ELK, Splunk, AppDynamics,newRelic
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.