SimVentions, consistently voted one of Virginia's Best Places to Work, is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join our team! Ideal candidate will be a senior Network Engineer/ Computer Engineer or Software Developer with a broad skill set to support the Orion program at NSWC Dahlgren. The Orion program is a software intensive program involving a family of systems supporting multiple DoD entities and Federal agencies. Orion provides rapid engineering solutions to emergent non-conventional threats, integrating microelectronics and scalable network and communication capabilities for immediate operational deployment. The team is responsible for the entire lifecycle of the systems it creates, including hardware, networks, and software design, development, testing, fielding, and support. The IPT collaborates extensively which is beneficial to mission success and the functional decomposition of the work that needs to be completed.
- The associated duties include: network architecture and management, hardware configuration of appliances, routers, switches, firewalls, security appliances, VPN design and implementation, network traffic segregation using VLANs, firewalls, familiarity with Linux-based network service configuration (iptables, firewalld , sshd), CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Administrator) or equivalent experience in CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional – security (CCNP security), experience in scanning and patching configurations and software libraries on systems according to DoD STIGs (Security Technical Implementation Guides), experience working in AWS (Amazon Web Service) Cloud computing, and Linux scripting would be helpful. Interested personnel need good communication skills to be effective in the team’s collaborative work environment. The Orion team currently uses online collaboration to coordinate their efforts. If selected, the candidate will have the opportunity to telework but may be required, based on mission need, to provide on-sight support when applicable and appropriate. Interested candidates may be interviewed by the PM or branch head to ensure applicant has appropriate work experience.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience in designing and architecting networks
- Proficiency in configuring hardware appliances including routers, switches, firewalls, and security appliances (VPNs).
- Design and implementation of network traffic segregation using VLANs, firewalls, and VPNs
- Familiarity with Linux-based network service configuration (iptables, firewalld, sshd)
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) or equivalent experience.
- Due to the requirements in the Safer Federal Workforce Taskforce guidance and the nature of our covered contracts and facilities, all employees must either be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a legal exemption with approved accommodation.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional –Security (CCNP Security)
- Experience scanning and patching systems and software libraries according to DoD STIGs
- Experience with AWS and Linux scripting.
Education: BS in Computer Science, or related discipline
Minimum Clearance: Final Top Secret
Location: Dahlgren- on base
Why Work for SimVentions?
SimVentions is about more than just being a place to work with other growth-orientated technically exceptional experts. It’s also a fun place to work. Our family-friendly atmosphere encourages our employee-owners to imagine, create, explore, discover, and do great things together.
Support Our Warfighters
SimVentions is a proud supporter of the U.S. military, and we take pride in our ability to provide relevant, game-changing solutions to our armed men and women around the world.
Drive Customer Success
We deliver innovative products and solutions that go beyond the expected. This means you can expect to work with a team that will allow you to grow, have a voice, and make an impact.
Get Involved in Giving Back
We believe that one of the best ways to be a well-rounded company is to have well-rounded employees, and one of the ways we encourage that is by providing a wide range of service opportunities for our team members to engage in throughout the year.
Build Innovative Technology
SimVentions takes pride in its innovative and cutting-edge technology, so you can be sure that whatever project you work on, you will be having a direct impact on our customer’s success.
Work with Brilliant People
At SimVentions, we don’t just hire the smartest people. We hire experienced, creative individuals who are passionate about what they do, and who benefit from the culture that we have created here.
Create Meaningful Solutions
We are trusted partners with our customers and are provided challenging and meaningful requirements to help them solve.
Employees who join SimVentions will enjoy benefits like:
- Impact: work on projects that directly support the defense of our nation.
- Serve: work for a company that supports its surrounding communities.
- Employee Owned: work with the best and help build YOUR company.
- Dress code: business casual. We like to be comfortable while we work.
- Healthcare: one of the best packages in the industry.
- Culture: add to our culture of technical excellence and collaboration.
- Food: we have a lot of food around here.
- Family focus: work for a team that recognizes the importance of family time.
- Employee appreciation: lots of events throughout the year.
- Resources: excellent facilities, tools, and training opportunities to grow in your field.
- Open communication: work in an environment where your voice matters.
- Fitness/Well-being: opportunities to participate in company sports teams and workout groups.
- Professional development: employee-led interest groups for personal and professional development plus great training options
- What you bring to the table: contribute, grow, and thrive.
- Lots of employee appreciation events throughout the year
- Excellent working facilities and tools to get your job done
- Regular communication (“All-Hands”, “SimV Share”, “Imagineering Day”) to stay connected to SimV culture, stay abreast of what is happening in the company, and meet new faces while eating good food
- SimVentions sports teams and workout groups
- Employee led interest groups for personal and professional development
- What you bring to the table…
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)