It's an exciting time to join Fisher Investments; we're investing in the future of our firm's technology and information security. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled team that promotes future global growth through strategic solutions and progress. We are important to supporting our firm's diverse businesses, and we're excited to continue solidifying that foundation as we add more experienced technologists to our Technology team.
The Senior Operations Network Engineer will work with the Network Engineering team to implement architectural changes to a complex network infrastructure. Your focus will ensure Fisher's Corporate Global network is operating to meet committed up times and service level agreements. You will also help design and deploy new office openings from the ground up using network automation, and coordinating efforts with other departments to guarantee a smooth transition.
You will work independently to provide technical solutions to solve complex challenges for both IT-facing and business-facing customers. You will also ensure the successful implementation of technology projects by working with Solutions Architecture, Engineering, Information Security, Telecommunication Team and other departments, including planning and resolving issues. You will report to the Infrastructure Operations Team Leader.
- Manage the Infrastructure environment with service oriented approach and efficient delivery to meet the customer needs, requirements and their service expectations
- Provide documentation, as-built for any new infrastructure build Production Network Infrastructure
- Work with your peers to gauge the effectiveness of existing infrastructure systems; develop strategies for improving or further using these systems
- Manage the efficient daily operations and maintenance of the IT services with best practices, automation and orchestration capabilities and ensure effectiveness of the service
- Take end-to-end ownership to prevent and solve network issues, anticipate and avoid problems and in taking actions and optimizations
- Identify the areas for improvements and lead the effort in standardizing processes, streamlining and making processes simple
- Identify areas within our network infrastructure to maintain standardization, high availability through important operational metrics
- 8+ years of experience in Network Engineering
- Experience analyzing new products and making recommendations for implementation
- Solid knowledge of infrastructure systems including compute, OS, hypervisor, network, storage, database and security
- Knowledge of Cisco routing and switching technologies
- Experience with WAN, Campus, Data Center, Wireless, and networks at an enterprise scale
- Experience with Cisco SD-WAN technologies Viptela and Meraki
- Experience with the Cisco voice and collaboration stack (e.g. CUCM, Call Manager, Unity)
- Experience with firewalls, VPN devices and load balancers
- U.S. candidates must be fully vaccinated as defined by the medical community against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination by date of hire
Why Fisher Investments:
At Fisher Investments, we work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to unique perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. And we invest in them by offering exceptional benefits like:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your qualifying dependents
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- Back-up Child Care Program available, offering up to 10 days annually
- A cumulative learning and development framework customized for every employee
- An award-winning work environment – we're Great Place to Work Certified, and Top Workplace winners from The Oregonian
We take great pride in our inclusive culture. We value the different perspectives and unique skills you bring to the team – it makes us all better. Success at Fisher Investments is motivated by results, a collaborative mindset and a commitment to accomplishing great things – so if you are ready to do that, we are ready for you! Apply today to be a part of a team environment where you make a difference in the lives of people by bettering the investment universe.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of PTO and 3 days of sick time per year.
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER