Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Must be a US Citizen
Parsons is seeking a Senior Program Management Information Systems (PMIS) Integration Specialist, to help customers integrating new technologies that support engineering and construction projects and programs. The selected candidate can sit anywhere in the US and work remotely for this opportunity with 25% business travel.
As a Senior PMIS Integration Specialist, you will support the design and implementation of complex IT projects (i.e, $2M or more), including application development projects, application integration, data warehousing solutions or a combination of such projects.
You will primarily work as a systems integrator, developer, and tester between Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management system and other commercial and custom PMIS applications. This role is expected to work with external and internal clients and business analysts to gather and analyze requirements, and design, develop and implement integration solutions.
These projects will require understanding and experience with engineering/construction program and project controls process, scheduling, capital planning, and budgeting processes, as well as documentation control, construction and contracts management processes.
Candidate must help define business needs, propose solutions, and perform the development work. Integration work could involve various Program Management Information Systems including e-Builder, Oracle Primavera P6, Unifier, or Contract Manager, PMWeb, Procore, Aconex and in-house developed systems. The work will include application integration deployments and full technical support/administration of these applications in a distributed computing or cloud environment. You may also supervise a team that helps to perform and deliver this work.
Candidate maintains an excellent knowledge of new and emerging application technologies, systems and tools. Uses that knowledge to analyze and evaluate existing and proposed new IT systems and to develop recommendations for appropriate IT system solutions, identifying the benefits, costs and risks of the alternative solutions.
In addition to above responsibilities, candidate will:
- Works with business analysts and clients to gather requirements and work towards efficient project solutions
- Develops and executes plans and procedures for data conversion, customer acceptance criteria and installation strategies.
- Develops high-level specifications, conversion plans and procedures for implementing new systems or for integrating, modifying, upgrading or enhancing existing systems.
- Translates high-level specifications for software components into functional designs. Develops or revises documentation and technical manuals as required, primarily for large or complex systems. Identifies and documents user procedures for using the new or modified system.
- Works collaboratively with other team members to design, develop, test, install, implement, and maintain complex business applications integrations and systems.
- Under general direction, design, code, test, debug and document source code in order to improve business productivity and/or quality.
- May act in lead technical role in demonstrations, furnishing technical expertise and answering customer inquiries
- Identifies areas for improvement in the work of third-party contractors and works with managers to resolve the issues and problems with third-party products and services; assesses how well the program has come back into full contract compliance and may recommend additional follow up or decisions.
- Provide on-going technical support to Project Schedulers.
- Develop new and maintain existing web-based applications
Provides remote and in-person support to clients.
4-year degree in Computer Science (or related curriculum) and 10-15 years of progressive experience in technical design, system architecture and development of large application integrations for PMIS projects.
Project Management Institute Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred.
- Strong understanding of the P6 SQL Database Schema
- Strong understanding of how-to Setup and Configure a P6 Client to Connect to SQL or Oracle Database
- Strong knowledge of Oracle WebLogic Web/Application Server and how to perform P6 EPPM Web deployment using WebLogic.
- Experience with P6 Web Services and Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher
- General understanding of the P6 Application business functionality
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with SQL and/or Oracle related web technologies
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently yet meet schedule, budget, delivery and quality expectations
- Experience working with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies and ability to help mature processes as needed
- Experience working with integration technologies such as Oracle Golden Gate, Oracle Could Infrastructure Data Integration, SQL Server Integration Services, Informatica, Azure Data Factory, and Dell Boomi.
- Written and oral communication skills appropriate for the position, including the ability to speak with authority on technical issues in various professional settings and to persuade listeners regarding best approach to resolving user's problem (may include communication via telephone, in person, presenting to large groups, community events). Ability to write complex documents (may include technical specifications and presentations). Communicates with a wide variety of individuals (employees and all levels of management) throughout the organization and outside of the organization (i.e. clients, vendors).
- Preferred experience implementing PMIS systems like the following: Oracle Primavera P6, Unifier, Aconex, or Contract Manager, e-Builder, Meridian Prolog or Proliance, Ecosys, Aconex, Procore, EADOC and PMWeb.
- Preferred Report and Business Intelligence visualization development skills using multiple toolsets such as SSRS, InfoMaker, Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, Cognos and Oracle BI.
- Knowledge and experience with a wide variety of computer, communications, and applications technologies and tools available within the engineering and construction industry
- Understanding standard business processes used in the construction industry
- A passion for learning new technologies and finding better solutions
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, decision making, and crisis control skills
- Effective negotiation and consensus building skills.
- IS general help desk and strong trouble shooting skills
- Project Management and Business Analysis skill set – gather requirements for client deliverables
*TRAVEL REQUIRED: Up to 25% after regular business travel resumes
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.