NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. At NYU Langone Health, equity, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental values. We strive to be a place where our exceptionally talented faculty, staff, and students of all identities can thrive. We embrace diversity, inclusion, and individual skills, ideas, and knowledge. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior Project Manager – Design.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for standard interior design plans and solutions. Coordinating of moderate and large projects, space programming and planning, preparations of drawings, elevations, details, reflected ceiling plans, layouts and specifications; preparation of finish, color and material schedules. Obtains furniture and fixture price quotes and prepares all documents necessary for procurement. Oversees receiving and installation of furniture for projects. Update CAD drawings.
- Performs analysis following interview and meetings with department head to establish furniture and equipment requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must have knowledge of JCAHO issues with regards to environmental and patient care issues.
- Coordinate with vendors and trades for phasing. Work with design staff for relocating-move management and punch lists.
- Performs field inspections to ensure quality and quantity of work meets specifications. Oversee receiving and installation of furniture for projects.
- Design coordination with architects, contractors, engineers and communications. Budget and schedule, solution management.
- Perform project management duties including space planning. Finish specifications and furniture plans and selection. Assist in reviewing bids, negotiating price, and process orders. CAD design and update CAD drawings. Assure office ergonomics are incorporated for facilities operation.
- Assists in refinement of preliminary plans including electrical and data requirements. Develop complete construction documentation including interior details, custom millwork, furniture plans and finish specifications.
- Bachelor's Degree Interior design (5-7 years in design field will be considered in lieu of Degree)
- 9 – 11 years Related Work Experience R Excellent communication skills (both oral & written), interpersonal and organization skills
- Proficiency with Computers
- Analysis of interior space with regards to design, furniture and equipment
- Design skills in a Healthcare environment
- CAD design
- Project management
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.
NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the New York state Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $76,721.83 – $117,318.01 Annually. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.
To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here