Senior Project Manager – Design/Build

Full Time Chicago IL Michael Page

MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.

*Description*

* Responsible for managerial and administrative aspects of a project. This includes being proficient in estimating, scheduling, quality control, progress reports, progress billing, design review and coordination, cost reporting, safety, and proposal preparation.

* Work with the owner early in the process in order to facilitate the design process with the chosen design professionals.

* Ensure that an accurate and complete estimate for the project is prepared. Project Managers work closely with owners and the design team to develop preliminary concept drawings.

* Participate in the proposal meeting with the owner to review the scope of work, discuss ways to reduce costs, and provide value engineering ideas.

* Oversee the buyout process and to the selection of subcontractors.

* Conduct weekly meetings on job site.

* Coordinate with the Superintendent to ensure safety, quality control and schedule.

* Conduct progress meetings with Owners and the construction team.

* Represents company professionally in project meetings, subcontractor and field communications

* Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or related field.

* A minimum of 5 years of construction-related project management experience with a general contractor.

* A proven track record of running a wide variety of project types in the $2MM – $30MM range.

* A broad range of experience with standard construction concepts, practices and procedures.

* Ability to effectively make sound decisions under tight deadlines.

* Ability to organize, plan and manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results

* Exhibit commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes. Make necessary changes, use customer input to make improvements, and meet/exceed internal and external customer expectations.

* Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining a constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.

* Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Project is required.

* Previous experience with On-Screen Takeoff, Sage CRE 300 (Timberline Project Management), Procore and Bluebeam or similar software preferred.

* Founded in 2005 – my client is a full service design/build general contractor, based in downtown, completing projects ranging from $5M-$30MM across a multitude of industries including: multi-family, commercial, light industrial, office, interiors, etc. etc.

* HC in Chicago: 55

* Revenue before COVID was $125M, but they took a hit and are now back down to 70M. 3 year plan is to get back to $200M

* 2021: 70M / 2022: $125M / 2023: $200M

* Largest sector right now is multi-family with 30% of their business, but the remaining 70% is across split across the above sectors

* Brand new office based in West Loop – flexible working will be coming up in the next couple months where they can spend 1 day per week at home

* Very active on LinkedIn and their Website for keeping their projects uptodate – projects typically range from $5M-$30M

* Salary depending on experience

* 15-20 days of PTO

* 9-12 company holidays

* 75%-100% Medical Benefits

* 401k Plan with company match

* Car allowance/company vehicle

* Cell phone and laptop provided

* Referral bonus

* End of year bonus

* Life insurance policy

* Generous maternity & paternity leave

* End of year celebrations

To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.