NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. At NYU Langone Health, equity, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental values. We strive to be a place where our exceptionally talented faculty, staff, and students of all identities can thrive. We embrace diversity, inclusion, and individual skills, ideas, and knowledge. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior Project Manager (Real Estate Development and Facilities).
Reporting to the Sr. Program Director, the Senior Project Manager will oversee multiple and or large/complex projects from planning & design through construction, inspections, move-in and closeout. The Senior Project Manager will be expected to act as the primary point of authority and accountability for the project(s) assigned to him or her, and may supervise the work of Project Managers and/or Assistant Project Managers. This requires the ability to build, lead, and manage multiple project teams, to create project plans, define project scope and establish budgets, and to solicit and synthesize input from end-users, departmental leadership, facilities staff, consultants and other key stakeholders.
- Maintain interface with client and internal business units, ensuring compliance with project performance goals, including quantitative cost and schedule targets, and achievement of NYULMC quality standards.
- Lead project team meetings with NYU in-house personnel to schedule work and coordinate shutdowns, tie-ins and contractor access.
- Participate in cost control activities by seeking the most effective method of delivering services.
- Review documents for compliance with NYU standards and existing site conditions and Ensure that projects comply with all applicable guidelines, codes and standards (FGI, NFPA, NYC Building Code, ADA, etc).
- Ensure accessibility to construction sites, including the coordination of schedules with NYU hospital and school functions.
- Effectively communicate construction impacts and work collaboratively with NYULMC leadership and staff to mitigate impacts to ongoing operations.
- Perform daily construction site safety inspections, record and ensure prompt correction of deficiencies; ensure infection control procedures are being rigorously followed at all times, and instill a culture of safety on all projects.
- Bachelors degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or related field and 10 years prior experience in architecture, engineering, construction or related field
- – OR – Bachelors degree in un-related field and 15 years prior experience in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or related field.
- Seven years of experience in project management, of which 3 years should include management of multiple and/or highly complex projects.
- Professional Registration (PE or RA)
- 3-5 years project management experience on a different side of the business (i.e., consultant, owner, owner rep, contract/architect, contractor, engineer).
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.
NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $110,479.20 – $128,544.00 Annually. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.
To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here