Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader providing propulsion and energetics to its space, missile defense, strategic, tactical missile and armaments customers throughout domestic and international markets. We offer a complete line of propulsion products for launch vehicles, missile defense, and advanced hypersonic propulsion.
We are seeking a Non-Destructive Test Level 3 Quality Engineer to join our team in Canoga Park, California (Los Angeles area).
Job responsibilities include providing effective and efficient NDT Quality support to the Aerojet Rocketdyne supplier base and serve as the key NDT quality interface with suppliers' quality management. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Audit and surveillance of quality systems and processes.
- Assessing potential new suppliers.
- Monitoring suppliers to ensure flow down of AR requirements to sub-tier suppliers.
- Promoting and assisting supplier continuous improvement.
- Physical hardware inspection, acceptance and release.
- Validating and reviewing supplier first article inspections.
- Product integrity reviews (physical and documentation).
- Review and approval of supplier technique sheets, ensuring compliance to AR specifications and drawing requirements.
Successful candidates will have a track-record of proactivity and a demonstrated history of successfully working under minimal supervision.
This current opening may be filled at this level as posted or at one level higher.
50% – Review supplier-submitted NDT technique sheets for compliance to AR-Los Angeles specifications and drawing requirements. Coordinate with suppliers on the development and approval of these technique sheets. Prepare necessary reports.
40% – Manage site NDT supply base by monitoring suppliers to ensure flow down of AR requirements to sub-tier suppliers, audit existing NDT suppliers and assess potential new NDT suppliers for their ability to meet site requirements.
10% – Review process specifications, in-house technique sheets, etc.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in an engineering or science discipline and at least five (5) years of related experience in Quality/Manufacturing/NDT processes (or an equivalent combination of education and experience). 10+ years of related experience preferred.
US Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (U.S. Citizenship required). Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
Additional Requirements and Preferred Qualifications:
- Hands-on working experience in a manufacturing environment and a corresponding understanding of manufacturing processes is essential.
- Experience with auditing practices and Process Certification is desired.
- A demonstrated proficiency with a variety of NDT inspection techniques and equipment along with a working knowledge of blueprint reading and interpretation is required.
- Knowledge of industry NDT standards (ex. NAS410, ASTM 1742, ASTM 1417, ASTM 1444, AMS-STD-2154, etc…) is requisite.
- Must have experience in at least two of the following NDT methods: Radiography (RT), Ultrasonic Testing (UT), Fluid Penetrant Inspection (FPI), Eddy Current (ET), or Magnetic Particle (MT).
- Certifications: The ideal candidate would have multiple Level 3 certifications; RT, UT and FPI preferred. At least one Level 2 certification is required.
- Candidate must meet requirements of NAS-410.
- Must have demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Must possess strong computer skills and be well-organized.
Extensive travel is required. Position requires responding to customer needs and may include weekend work.
Auditing experience/certification desired.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Employees must possess the mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit or stand and maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 pounds; may require occasional walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
The work environment may also require a combination of indoor and outdoor activity (hot, cold, wet, humid conditions) with a varied amount of walking, standing, sitting, climbing (i.e. ladders, stair, scaffolding, ramps), balance (maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces), bending, reaching, handling/fingering (seizing, holding, grasping, turning, picking, pinching), stooping, kneeling, crouching. While performing the duties of this job, employees may work around variable noise levels or with fumes or airborne particles, hazardous chemicals, etc. requiring the use of personal protective equipment such as face protection (safety glasses, goggles, face shield), foot protection (i.e. steel toed shoes, rubber boots, etc.), gloves, hard hat, shop coat or hearing protection. Work requires the ability to change into or out of personal protective equipment when entering or exiting manufacturing, laboratory, or other areas. This position may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization. Depending on the location of the position, visual certification requirement may apply. The position requires the ability to travel by air or auto.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.