Works under minimal supervision to provide technical support for linear accelerators and other complex radiation producing equipment.
Experience and Education
ASEE or Associate’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or directly related field and six (6) years directly related experience maintaining and servicing medical linear accelerators or CT or MR imaging equipment. Specific experience on Varian or Elekta accelerators, or Philips and imagers is required. Authorized Varian, Elekta or Philips training is highly desirable.
1. Perform advanced technical support related to the maintenance and operation of medical linear accelerators, computed tomographs (CT) or Magnetic Resonance Imagers (MRI) and other large, complex equipment found in a radiation oncology department including preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and performing emergency repairs.
2. Coordinate vendor service when necessary.
3. Maintain inventory and orders parts for linear accelerators, CTs or MRIs.
4. Design, construct and modify treatment accessories for physics and other department members as needed for patient treatment or imaging, quality assurance and research support.
5. Provide special and periodic reports and statistics concerning service quality and maintains technical performance data and other related documentation.
6. Assist in preparation of technical service cost estimates and proposals.
7. Advise in selection and evaluation of technical service contracts.
8. May train Radiation Oncology Engineers concerning advanced technical skills as needed.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Work requires use of considerable judgment in application of procedures, practices and policies to work problems, organization, and administration of clinical activities.
2. Work requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, remain flexible, be able to work independently and as a team, and adapt to a fast moving environment.
3. Work requires knowledge, skills, and abilities specific to the needs of the clinical specialty.
4. Work requires ability to maintain current customer service, clinical, and technical skills by attending training programs and seminars to continue level of competency with new equipment and ensure compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
5. Work requires ability to provide suggestions for change and assist with development and implementation of policies and procedures.
6. Work requires ability to complete most assignments with substantial independence.
7. Work requires proficiency in the use of computer technology.
8. Work requires ability to read, write, and perform mathematical calculations.
9. Work requires telephone contact with vendors, and third party payees.
10. Work requires ability to stand for long periods of time.
11. Work requires ability to lift, push, and/or pull up to 50 lbs.
Work is primarily performed in clinical environment. The incumbent may be exposed to body fluids and infectious diseases. Working conditions are considered fair but involve more than average exposure to one or more disagreeable elements including radiation.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents in lieu of stated minimum require prior approval of Vice President for Human Resources Administration or his/her designee.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.