Senior Scrum Master
As a Senior Scrum Master, you'd mostly be responsible for facilitating the learning and growth of our Agile teams, helping them develop a lean-Agile mindset, maximize throughput, and achieve more predictable delivery.
At Cox Automotive, our engineers and technologists are changing the way people buy, sell, and use cars. With operations across five continents and powerhouse brands like Autotrader and Kelly Blue Book in our family, we have the reach to make this transformation happen in new and exciting ways. From browsing to test driving, purchasing to servicing, the positive change we envision for the automotive industry is being driven by our software innovations. We've got some of the most robust data in the industry, so our big data insights can lead to some amazing creations.
And now, we're working on creating a future that is autonomous, connected, electric, and shared. And you, my friend, could make this a reality. All while working in an environment where we lift each other and share a deep commitment both to our people and to our purpose of building a brighter future for the next generation.
What You'll Do
You'll support our delivery teams, be a master at the art of facilitating agile ceremonies, develop and manage best practices around backlog management, offer advice and guidance, and more! Here's a high-level look at some of the responsibilities you'll tackle:
Lean/Agile Events Facilitation
- Facilitate contextual adoption of the Scrum Framework, including daily scrum, sprint planning, backlog refinement, sprint reviews & retrospectives, and other related team and intra-team meetings.
- Facilitate contextual adoption of Lean Thinking, including visualization and continuous optimization of delivery flow using the Kanban Method
- Facilitate and participate in scaled events, including cross-team planning, dependency management, delivery synchronization, and systems-level inspect & adapt.
- Sustain and promote the usage of information radiators for the teams and the broader organization.
- Prepare and facilitate quarterly, release, and sprint planning with the product owner and the team.
- Guide Feature and Story-level refinement to the Definition of "Ready" in preparation for the next quarter and upcoming sprints.
- Work with the team and Product Owner/Managers to maintain a healthy backlog and rolling short and mid-term planning for upcoming releases.
- You are a servant leader and you have the "desire to control" the team by teaching and mentoring increasing levels of self-organizing behavior.
- Engage the organization to remove impediments to the team's ability to perform by working closely with the team and stakeholders, including product owners/managers, leadership, and other teams.
- Support communication of delivery progress, gaps, and obstacles with a wide variety of stakeholders; coach product owners/managers to play an active role in stakeholder engagement.
- Facilitate cross-team orchestration, tracking, and following up with internal and external dependencies.
- Act as a buffer between external distractions and the focused environment the team needs to be successful. Where beneficial, protect the team and minimize disruptions.
- You can form and guide teams to high performance by helping the team navigate interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and growth opportunities. Create and sustain an environment of psychological safety and trust among team members and between the team and the larger organization.
- Work with team to co-create and refine team working agreement, the definition of "ready", and definition of "done."
- Collect and share transparent team metrics with teams, recommend new metrics for the team's context, and foster continuous improvement conversations using metrics.
Who You Are
- You are curious, open-minded, and believe in inclusion and diversity. Here are a few additional tidbits that describe you:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years of working experience; OR equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education.
- You've got 5 years of experience as a Scrum Master.
- You also have working experience with Scrum, XP, Kanban, and Agile scaling frameworks (preferably SAFe).
- You've got your bachelor's degree (preferably in information technology)
- It's also a big plus if you've already got your Scrum Master certification or an equivalent professional certification. Experience working with the Software development teams and a high-level understanding of the SQL/RDBMS/Snowflake is preferred.
- You are a resident of the Atlanta, Georgia area.
- You are willing and able to receive constructive feedback and advice with a growth mindset.
- You have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, particularly in a virtual video environment over Microsoft Teams
What's In It For You?
• We want you to feel cared for and respected (like you do with our customers), and that starts with Cox's highly competitive pay plus uncapped commission plan and other compensation perks (401k + company matching, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). We also offer free Internet and other Cox discounted services, tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance, and much more.
• We know you're always looking for growth and the opportunity to learn new things. At Cox Automotive, you'll have all kinds of opportunities to expand your expertise and grow your skills in ways that will challenge and empower you. In the future, you may have the opportunity to drive innovation in other sectors where the Cox family of brands operates like cleantech, health care, and esports.
Apply now to join the Cox family of businesses!
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What's more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.