Senior Service Desk Engineer
The Global IT Service Desk is committed to providing exemplary IT support to DoorDash employees around the world. This includes resolving technical support issues, as well as fulfilling hardware, software, and access requests while also participating in key projects to help support the growth and success of DoorDash.
As the first representative of the DoorDash IT Service Desk in Canada, you will provide IT support to our growing international expansion. You will be responsible for ensuring that IT incidents and requests are resolved in a timely manner and expected service levels are met.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Serve as the IT Generalist in Canada providing onsite and remote support to our teammates.
- Partner with your IT Service Desk colleagues to remotely support our global locations.
- Manage the corporate network in our Canada office in accordance with the DoorDash IT and security policies.
- Collaborate with our Audio/Visual (A/V) team to ensure system stability.
- Ensure the highest levels of customer service in a collaborative environment while helping people resolve issues and requests.
- Maintain a balanced focus on security and efficiency, keeping company values at the forefront of all decisions.
- Troubleshoot end user technical issues via phone, chat, email, or walk-ups, and follow them through to resolution.
- Accurately log/document all Service Desk incidents and requests using our service management solution.
- Follow internal asset and inventory management processes for both hardware and software.
- Collaborate on corporate-wide initiatives and team projects.
- Be a customer advocate by seeking to identify common issues, working within the business to eliminate future occurrences, and proactively educating customers with helpful hints or business-based best practices.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 5+ years of experience in the IT Service Desk field.
- Working knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting MacOS and Windows based computers.
- Experience managing and troubleshooting enterprise network devices such as switches, Wi-Fi routers, printers, etc.
- Are familiar with Neat A/V hardware.
- Familiarity with Okta and Google Enterprise administration.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues with common enterprise applications such as Slack, Zoom, Google Workspace (G Suite), Microsoft Office, and WorkspaceONE.
- Familiarity with service management tools such as ServiceNow, ZenDesk, and JIRA.
- Excellent verbal and written English and Spanish communication skills.
- You want to help create a Service Desk people LOVE!!!
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave, and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.