Senior Software Developer
Cox Communications is searching for a Senior Software Developer who will be responsible to design, develop, build, configure, customize, integrate, unit test and document the components of a solution ensuring solutions meet business and technical requirements following DevOps practices. Coordinates with technology boundary partners to ensure solutions are designed to operate in highly available and reliable environments. This individual will provide development expertise, technical analysis, and support agile process and test-driven development.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- This is a "hands on" technical position and will require the individual to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced software lifecycle.
- Develop complex high level and low-level design solutions per requirements.
- Complete complex development efforts that may include integrations with various internal and external applications.
- Collaborate and guide strategic partner development teams during system development lifecycle to ensure standards are met and provide input/direction when necessary.
- Provide high-level and detailed estimates.
- Collaborate on project artifacts with technical partners.
- Conducts necessary internal quality assurance, unit testing and functional testing to ensure that the application is of high quality when released to users for the User Acceptance Testing phase of the project.
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery.
- Experience with Agile methodology.
- Effectively communicates verbally and in writing to ensure technical information is presented in a clear and concise manner.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and 4 years' experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and 2 years' experience; a Ph.D. and up to 1 year of experience
- 5+ years of experience in related field
- Strong knowledge with Java, RESTful, XML, GIT, Scala, Akka
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must demonstrate strong team building skills
- Must be able to translate business needs and requirements into technical specifications
- Experience in creating interoperable messages & bridges across Kafka/JMS/MQ and issue analysis on Kafka applications
- Experience with some test-driven development tools and techniques. Ex. Jmeter
- Experience with containerization and orchestration (Docker, etc.)
- Experience with
- Working knowledge of general system management, load balancing and network routing
- Experience building applications deployed in public/private cloud utilizing Cloud platforms such as Anthos/GCP
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment.
- Experience working on a DevOps Team.
- Experience with building System Automations.
- Knowledge of source control tools.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That's a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you're interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.