What does a great Senior Software Developer do?
As a Java Developer on our Card Services technology development team, you will be tasked with finding ways to use our software systems to solve real world problems and offer valuable solutions to our clients – both internal and external. In some cases, your role will be to master our current software systems and add new features (maintenance), identify new approaches we can take to improve our software development practice (process improvement) or you may be working on designing and building entirely new applications for our platforms. As a key member of our ATM Portfolio’s Agile Delivery Team, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to, coding and testing software development, provide knowledge and expertise towards creating agile stories, tasks and contributing to planning sessions. At Fiserv’s Card Services division, there is no shortage of opportunities for those that are passionate about their craft!
- You will actively participate on an Agile Team, providing technical expertise and guidance to the team members, primarily responsible for delivering best-in-class technical solutions.
- You will contribute to the division’s software process improvement practices by writing great code
- You act as a technical SME for the applications within the assigned ATM Application portfolio.
- You provide the necessary expertise to the Product Owner, Application Owner, and Program Manager to plan and assign work (stories and tasks) to associates,
- You analyze business and functional requirements to understand system and operational impacts.
- You analyze, designs, program, debug, test and modify software enhancements and/or new products for the switch
- You identify and recommend changes in software applications and interfaces, processes and procedures.
- You may also provide technical expertise to size the scope of work in order to accommodate the workflow.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Minimum 6 years real-world professional experience in server-side Java development including Java EE technologies (JDBC, EJB, and JMS) required
- Working knowledge of XML and related technologies such as JAXP, JAXB, and XPath
- Experience in developing Java EE applications on WebLogic or WebSphere.
- Experience working with SQL and experience with applications that utilize relational databases.
- Good technical experience with design, development, modeling, application performance tuning, and unit/integration/performance testing.
- Experience developing software using C/TAL/pTAL/COBOL85 is preferred
- Previous EPOC/Base24/Switch experience and familiarity with Agile methodology are both definitely a plus
- Bachelor’s degree Required, preferably in Computer Science or similar field
These other preferred Skills, Experience, and Education will help you stand out:
- Familiarity with the debit card processing industry with broad knowledge of debit and credit products and services
- Background in Terminal Handler, switch network interfaces, ATM/POS authorization, Host Interfaces.
- Background in Tandem/HP Nonstop utilities, transaction simulators and source repositories
- Experience with scripted languages and ability to code Perl, Python and/or shell scripts
- Exposure to automated testing and willingness to master and implement
Learn more about us.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
In this role you will be aligned with our card solutions team. Card Services authorizes and settles point-of-sale (POS) and ATM transactions, monitors and drives ATMs, provides nationwide switching of debit, credit, prepaid and ATM transactions, and owns the Accel® Network. We provide clients with proven solutions to maximize profit, reduce cost, and mitigate risk.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT)
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.