Senior Software Engineer
CGI is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer/Solution Architect to help our client undertake an exciting multi-year journey around complete Mainframe Transformation on a large scale. This role will support in our Mainframe transformation journey, enhance the DevOps and micro services capability to mainframe platform, also help to bridge the gap b/w infrastructure and application teams.
Hybrid role, at least 2 days on-site
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Experienced senior Software Engineer / Solution Architect with 10 – 15 years of experience with strong mainframe technology with experience in mainframe modernization.
• The candidate will work with various LOBs from different heritage organization to review legacy system documentation and features and define target -state solution and roadmap
• This candidate should apply Design Thinking in creating Modern, Lightweight and Enterprise-Ready Solutions and Architectures using the latest technologies to build advanced applications, enterprise ready Services/ Microservices platforms.
• The successful candidate will have holistic as well as deep development knowledge in various programming languages and environments, including the latest frameworks and patterns in microservices development.
• Superior written and oral communications skills are mandatory
• Capital market experience is a plus.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 10- 15 years' experience in the software industry with prior Mainframe Modernization experience using one of these approaches. Rearchitect – Materially alter the application code so you can shift it to a new application architecture and fully exploit new and better capabilities of the application platform. Rebuild – Rebuild or rewrite the application component from scratch while preserving its scope and specifications. Replace – Eliminate the former application component altogether and replace it, taking new requirements and needs into account.
• Proficiency in following development subject areas:
o Service Oriented Architecture
o Business/Enterprise Architecture
o Patterns and Design
o Agile Development
o Data/Information Architecture Component Based Development
o Demonstrated understanding of issues surrounding data projects, such as data acquisition, data enablement, data visualization
o Strong implementation experience with "API first" approach.
o Understanding of 12 Factor Applications i.e. (https://12factor.net/)
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $106,300 – 160,700.
At CGI we call our professionals "members" to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI's benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- RESTful (Rest-APIs)