Senior Software Engineer
At Cox Automotive, we offer the chance to do your best work and to help lead the digital revolution of the auto industry. Our Software Engineers are energetic influencers who have built a world-class software platform for auto dealers from the ground up. Collaboration is woven into the fabric of everything we do; from Hackathons to sprint reviews and scrum teams, you'll be immersed in an environment that nurtures individualism, creative problem-solving, and intellect.
In your role you will analyze and resolve complex problems associated with application systems, and then detect, diagnose, and report related problems. The Sr. Software Engineer will coordinate work with their Agile Team.
Technology We Use:
Python, Django, React, .NET, AWS, Oracle, HTML, CSS, GitHub
- Review, analyze and test current systems to ensure optimal functionality and make calculated modifications based on desired results
- Analyze and resolve complex problems associated with applications systems
- Mentor fellow developers in best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvement
- Participate in development of new industry-leading products using our tech stack
- Collaborate on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvement
- Develop Web application using the Python/Django technology
- Integrate the User Interface screens with REST services.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and 4 years experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a Master's degree and 2 years experience or a Ph.D. and up to 1 year of experience
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient experience with Python for a minimum of 4 years and Django for a minimum of 3 years, Django REST for 3+ years preferred. Experience with similar frameworks is a plus.
- Proficiency with SQL and working knowledge with Oracle database.
- Solid understanding of web technology and experience using or creating web-based REST APIs
- Experience working in an environment that requires coordination of efforts between Engineering, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, and Product Management
- Experienced with Agile development methodologies and working experience in agile teams.
- s-oriented ability to respond to a changing business environment
- Proficiency with AWS/Cloud technology is a plus.
- Strong understanding of version control systems
- Experienced with CI/CD pipelines.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment background check and drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently consider a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
The Company offers eligible employees the flexibility to take as much vacation with pay as they deem consistent with their duties, the Company's needs, and its obligations; seven paid holidays throughout the calendar year; and up to 160 hours of paid wellness for their own wellness or that of family members. Employees are also eligible for additional paid time off in the form of bereavement leave, time off to vote, jury duty leave, volunteer time off, military leave, parental leave, and COVID-19 vaccination leave.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What's more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.