Peraton is seeking a Product Owner in Herndon, VA to support our Intelligence Community customer as part of a highly talented, highly motivated and high-performing team. As part of the System Engineering team you will support an exciting program which involves design, development, test, and deployment of an exciting and complex system in an Agile construct to contribute to mission success for a variety of stakeholders.
What you'll do …
We are seeking a strong software Product Owner to work with our dream team in order to deliver innovative and industry-leading software solutions to our customer.
- Provide vision and direction to the Agile development team and customer stakeholders throughout the project
- Ensure that adequate prior preparation has been conducted to keep the development team supplied with sufficient tasking
- Plan and prioritize features for the product backlog
- Lead the development team in backlog management, sprint planning and grooming/elaboration of user stories
- Define product vision and road-map; identify growth opportunities
- Assess value, develop use cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on stories with maximum value and all work aligns with the product strategy
Work closely with Product Management to ensure the product backlog maximizes business value and ROI
- Lead the planning of product releases and set customer expectation for delivery of new functionality
- Take an active role in mitigating impediments to successful completion of team release/sprint Goals
- Research and analyze the market and users to inform the road-map for the product
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
You’d be a great fit if you…
- Hold a BA in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant field and have at least 10 of relevant experience
- Have in-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Are experienced in backlog grooming, story point estimation and refining agile stories
Possess outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Are able to work with designers to create wire-frames and mock-ups for agile stories
Demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills
- Are a creative thinker with a vision
- Show attention to detail
It’d be even better if you…
- Hold an MA in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant field
- Demonstrate sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Are able to work in both Windows and Linux operating systems
- Have experience with micro-services frameworks and projects
- Understand visualization technologies such as Docker/Kubernetes, VMWare, etc.
- Have worked in a customer environment and/or a classified environment
This position requires the candidate to have a top secret level security clearance with SCI adjudication (TS/SCI).
What you’ll get…
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.