Senior Software Engineer
At Cox Automotive, we offer the chance to take an important role in the digital revolution of the automotive industry. Our software engineers are part of an energetic team that build world-class solutions to benefit the auto buying public, dealers and manufacturers. At Cox Automotive, you'll be immersed in an environment that values your technical leadership, teamwork and creative problem-solving techniques while encouraging you to continue to learn new skills and technologies.
Risk-taking is encouraged here and we reward great results. Collaboration and support are woven into the fabric of everything we do; from brain-storming sessions to sprint reviews, you'll be immersed in an environment that encourages bringing fresh ideas to the table with an innovative mindset.
- As a Senior Software Engineer on the Vehicle Marketplace Insights team, you will be a part of a software team that designs, develops, tests, deploys, integrates and supports robust and scalable data products.
- Collaborate with your team to achieve and exceed the goal to build, deploy, monitor and manage a highly performing and highly available production system
- Design and develop code that consistently adheres to good programming practices
- Enhance the performance and reliability of new and existing solutions
- Influence technical solutions while coaching newer or less experienced engineers on your Scrum team
- Adhere to "infrastructure as code" principals and CI/CD best practices
- Take ownership of the DevOps function and drive continuous improvement, automation, and efficiency in the software development lifecycle
- Evangelize new ideas within your team as well as across scrum teams
- Explore open source or industry standard solutions that could be a fit for the organization
- Live by Agile (particularly Scrum) principles and collaborate with team members using Agile techniques including test driven development, code reviews, and retrospectives
- A successful candidate is self-motivated, with the drive to excel and exceed commitments. You thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere where wearing multiple hats is encouraged. You learn new skills and technology quickly. You have strong collaboration/communication skills, as you will be a member of a scrum team consisting of other software engineers and a product owner who are intensely collaborating in a meaningful way. You are team oriented. You provide leadership in designing solutions as well as mentoring more junior developers and collaborating with peers.
Technologies We Use:
- Development languages: Python
- AWS cloud-native architectures in multiple regions (Glue, S3, EC2, Lambda, etc)
- DevOps Tools: Github (including GitHub Actions), Jenkins, Kubernetes, Terraform, CloudFormation, Puppet, Ansible
- Database: DynamoDB, Snowflake
- Monitoring and Alerting: New Relic and PagerDuty
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline (Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics) and 4 years' experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination of experience and education
What We Look For:
- Passionate technologists with an innovative mindset
- Hands-on experience with designing and implementing on AWS is preferred
- Strong Python and automation skills
- Expertise with designing and implementing high volume web services
- Ability to work on multiple projects and be flexible to adapt to changing requirements
- Ability to turn high level requirements into a working system through iterative development
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and independently to design, develop and deploy solutions
- Effective communication and listening skills
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment background check and drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently consider a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What's more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.