Great Purpose. Great People.
At Imagine Learning we ignite learning breakthroughs. It drives everything we do. We innovate together to support educators in creating those special moments when students experience the joy of learning at its best. Imagine Learning serves more than 15 million students and partners with more than half the school districts nationwide.
Envision Your Experience
As a software engineer, you will work with other software engineers, product designers, product managers, QA engineers, DevOps engineers, and curriculum staff and will:
- Design and develop full-stack software to add impactful new features for teachers, students, parents, and administrative users
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code.
- Utilize data mining and machine learning techniques to discover actionable patterns in collaboration with the data science team
- Write code tests
- Source, anonymize, and prepare data sets for data science
- Collaborate with data scientists, operations engineers, software engineers, QA engineers, and product design team members
- Scale our applications as our user base grows
This is a remote, full-time position based out of your home office.
Imagine Learning offers competitive total compensation, including incentive opportunities for all regular employees.
Share Your Expertise
Experience, education, and qualifications essential for success in this role, include:
- 1+ years of experience improving the performance of Ruby on Rails applications with Memcached and background job processing frameworks (Sidekiq, Resque, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related field and extensive experience in web application engineering: designing, programming, securing, testing, reviewing, releasing, and maintaining; or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Experience with 3rd party integrations.
- Intrinsically-motivated individual who loves to get things done
- To help ensure the safety of our valued employees, customers, and other business associates, Imagine Learning encourages employees to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated. Employees entering our office locations must be fully vaccinated or have received a negative COVID test result within 24 hours of their visit.
Ignite Your Career
We support your unique career journey by providing flexibility, investing in wellbeing, and propelling growth.
- Imagine Learning is a hybrid workplace, with the majority of employees enjoying the opportunity to work from home. Headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ, we also maintain offices in Provo, UT, Austin, TX, Petaluma, CA, and Rock Rapids, IA.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits program to eligible employees, including:
- Multiple health, dental, and vision plans, including medical plans with zero employee premiums
- 401k plan with a company match
- Company-paid behavioral health coaching
- 15 paid holidays, including a winter shutdown from Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day
- 15 days of accrued annual Paid Time Off (PTO) to start
- Paid bonding leave when a new child joins your family
- Paid volunteer hours and annual giving events
- Imagine Learning is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- We offer a wide variety of professional development programs, including tuition reimbursement for eligible employees.
Imagine Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected status. Imagine Learning will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals as required by law.