Senior Software Engineer
At Liberty Mutual, technology isn’t just a part of our business, it’s what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. By fully embracing agile principles within a Fortune 100 company, our team members enjoy startup-style ownership of their aligned products, with the resources, opportunities, and impact of a global company. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to bring their passion and skill for software, architecture, and engineering practices to drive the simplification, optimization, transformation and aggressive modernization of our core business systems. This role directly supports the GRM US strategic objective of being #1 in the Independent Agent (IA) channel. Specifically, you will be aligned to a team working to simplify and optimize a multi-billion-dollar application, at the completion of which the team will then move onto implementing a technical strategy to transform it into a modern, cloud-based system. The IA channel is growing rapidly, and the simplification & transformation of the technology supporting it is critical to the long-term expansion and success of the business.
Why should you join our team?
- We are focused on leveraging modern technology to deliver value, increase our return on investment, and reduce our total cost of ownership.
- Our market segment is continuing to expand which drives demand for more features.
- We work as ONE team with adjacent squads and business partners.
- We continually strive to improve both our technical capabilities and culture to be the BEST place to work.
- You will have many opportunities to help shape the future of our team’s capabilities and technical solutions.
- You will act as a thought leader in this space, helping your squad deliver innovative solutions, as well as sharing best practices across the broader portfolio.
If this role sounds like it could be a good fit for you, we’d love to hear from you.
Experience and Education
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Expert-level experience using C#
- Strong experience with .NET Core and .NET Framework
- Advanced level SQL knowledge
- Some experience with Angular / Typescript is a nice to have
- Experience building and consuming web services (SOAP, REST, OAuth)
- Exposure to AWS, Azure, Kubernetes and containers would be a plus
- Conversant in software architecture and design patterns
- Experience with functional and system integration testing
- Experience working on agile teams/squads on enterprise applications
- Proven ability to grow and lead teams to successful outcomes through coaching and mentoring of team members
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Consistent initiative to take ownership of resolving issues and gaps
- Able to analyze complex technical problems and recommend improvements that address technology gaps within a business process while improving reliability, quality, and efficiency
- Open-minded and collaborative approach to creating innovative technical solutions
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation, and consensus-building
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Effective collaboration at all levels of the organization
- Customer focus, ownership, urgency, and drive
- Openness and adaptability to respond to fast-changing circumstances
- In-depth knowledge of software engineering best practices (coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing)
- In-depth knowledge of design patterns and architecture principles
- Familiar with security and data privacy policies, especially related to cloud service providers
- Aware of emerging technologies and their use cases
- Understands how to interpret and leverage Agile delivery concepts including backlog tracking, metrics, and incremental delivery
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you’ll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG’s Insider Pro and Computerworld’s 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Women and one of America’s Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being.
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.