Senior Software Engineer, Mobile App (DART/Flutter)
Cox Automotive is looking for DART/flutter engineer who can support Autotrader/KBB Mobile app team initiatives.
The selected Software Engineer will write and maintain code within applications and systems to implement capabilities and features, improve performance and maintainability, while reducing technical debt in alignment with product and technology roadmaps. You will play a key role in Agile planning, providing advice and guidance, and monitoring emerging trends.
Key Roles & Responsibilities :
- Works with Product Management to understand the challenges that customers and end users face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
- Recommends viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt.
- Foresees capacity requirements for component usage and identifies limitations.
- Provides input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning.
- Contributes to product and solution designs to address critical issues and complex problems.
- Builds software applications across multiple platforms in response to the needs of stakeholders.
- Understands technical architecture and writes software and automated tests that are aligned with agreed upon standards.
- Performs trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary.
- Provides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
- Actively works with less experienced software engineers providing technical guidance and oversight.
- Actively participates in the engineering community, staying up to date on new software technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
Required Skills & Experience :
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field plus 4+ years of relevant work experience; or a Master's degree plus 2+ years of relevant work experience; or a PhD plus 0-1 years of relevant experience
- In lieu of a degree, qualified candidates would require 8+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Working experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems within multiple tech stacks,
- Working experience realizing applications from conception and design to implementation and support
- Development languages: DART, Java, Nodejs
- AWS cloud-native architectures in multiple regions
- DevOps Tools: Terraform, Jenkins, Github
- Monitoring and Alerting: New Relic and PagerDuty
- Working experience with automated CI/CD pipelines and cloud hosted applications
- Working experience in analysis, design and programming
- Working experience with appropriate database technology
- AWS Certification or equivalent experience, is highly desired
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment background check and drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently consider a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What's more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.