Senior Software Engineer – Search Services
Title: Senior Software Engineer – Search Services
Job ID: 2019-4378
Type: Permanent Full Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Engineering and R&D
About the Position
Archiving and e-Discovery and are core offerings of Mimecast which are underpinned by search technology. Our challenge is to scale it to keep pace with a rapidly expanding dataset.
We are developing in a number of areas and looking for engineers who want to join us in building:
- Next generation Indexing and Search platform: completely redesigning the Mime | OS search backend
- Graph Search: distributed graph database to provide insight and intelligence on the data customers store in the Mimecast Platform. This project is a custom built solution to handle hundreds of billions of objects in a cost efficient manner
- Application Log Search: the focus of the project is the aggregation and indexing / search of metadata generated by Mime | OS applications
- Text extraction: we constantly strive to improve the quality and efficiency of our text extraction process to feed our indexes.
- Writing software components to operate at massive scale
- Maximising performance of core Java and Lucene technologies
- Utilising emerging techniques such as graph databases and machine learning to enrich the platform
- Due to this role’s responsibilities, you must be a U.S. citizen to be considered a candidate
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years experience developing in one or more of the following languages: C/C++, Java, C#
- Solid experience with concurrency, multithreading, server architectures, distributed systems and load balancing techniques
- Expert knowledge developing and debugging distributed applications in a *nix environment
- Search engine experience, ideally Lucene
- Good knowledge of storage hardware (HDD, SSD)
- Understanding of various levels of file system caching at operating system level
- Experience with operating system internals, programming language design
- Solr, ElasticSearch
- REST / SOAP programming
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and network programming
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Follow through
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.