Senior Software Test Engineer
Building world-class software is hard…pun intended. Not only does it require talented developers to create it, you need talented people to assess and pressure test what is created to ensure superior quality and an amazing user experience. At Cox Automotive, we look to our self-starting, detail-driven Senior Software Test Engineers , and we rely on them to find and report bugs and defects, while making sure our products, apps, and systems are performing at 100%.
At Cox Automotive, our engineers and technologists are literally changing the way people buy, sell and use cars. With operations across five continents and powerhouse brands like Autotrader and Kelly Blue Book in our family, we have the reach to make this transformation happen in new and exciting ways. From browsing to test driving, purchasing to servicing, the positive change we envision for the automotive industry is being driven by our software innovations. We've got some of the most robust data in the industry, so our big data insights can lead to some pretty amazing creations.
And now, we're working on creating a future that is autonomous, connected, electric and shared. And you, my friend, could make this a reality. All while working in an environment where we lift each other up and share a deep commitment both to our people and to our purpose of building a brighter future for the next generation.
Let's talk shop for a sec. You'll also get to demonstrate your testing prowess and expertise with some pretty amazing technologies, like Selenium WebDriver, Xunit, SpecFlow and BDD to perform automation tests and frameworking. You'll execute all levels of testing, including Functional, Integration and Regression.
Does this sound like a role you'd like to test out? Well, read on and get a better feel for what's involved. If it feels like a fit, we'd love to engineer an opportunity to talk with you.
- Develop and improve existing test automation frameworks (i.e., make them faster, more flexible, and easier to use) and utilize parallel processing or grid systems to speed up the tests.
- Perform detailed test architecture designs using sound software test engineering principals in the context of test automation platforms and integration across distributed systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand complex interaction between systems.
- Define and establish test metrics to measure not just product quality but also quality of testing and feedback to engineers.
- Develop efficient and effective quantitative methods and guidelines to continuously improve quality processes and practices across multiple projects.
- Experience delivering solutions using Agile delivery practices.
- Reviews code for accuracy and quality.
- Supports quality improvement initiatives for future applications or projects.
Minimum Qualification s:
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and 4 years' experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and 2years' experience; a Ph.D. and up to 1 year of experience; or 16years'experience in a related field
- At least 4 years of experience in Automation testing, to include developing automated QA test suites and tools using Selenium, Junit, or similar tools.
- Experience with Automation Testing Tools (such as Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Playwright etc.)
- Exposure to backend services/microservices testing is a plus.
- Experience with BDD (Behavior Driven Development).
- Experience with Java, Java Script, Python or other Programming Language
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment background check and drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently consider a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
The Company offers eligible employees the flexibility to take as much vacation with pay as they deem consistent with their duties, the Company's needs, and its obligations; seven paid holidays throughout the calendar year; and up to 160 hours of paid wellness for their own wellness or that of family members. Employees are also eligible for additional paid time off in the form of bereavement leave, time off to vote, jury duty leave, volunteer time off, military leave, parental leave, and COVID-19 vaccination leave.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What's more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.