The Leidos Advanced Solutions Group is seeking you, our Senior System Administrator to provide technical systems administration, configuration, and troubleshooting in support of an on-premise government system, to include system testing, system setup, installation, configuration, support and maintenance, including associated hardware in Bethesda, MD. You will get to do system updates, as well as support on current systems by tuning performance, allocating storage space, and implementing critical system patches. Work with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and analysts leading the integration and deployment of the National Media Exploitation center (NMEC) DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) for a Department of Homeland Security network. Help to ensure system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to DHS policies and procedures across multiple skill areas, enabling mission success.
Cool stuff you will be doing in this role:
• Responsible for setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, and allocating mass storage space for a Microsoft Windows based server and workstation platform.
• Handle creation, scheduled backups, optimization, troubleshooting and correcting issues pertaining to Baremetal servers, Storage, Compute, Virtual Servers and workstations on the network.
• Handle networking support, administration, overall strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple servers, VMs and workstation-based systems and related forensic software.
• Schedule, plan, and oversee system upgrades.
• Possess the ability to create baseline images of both Microsoft Windows based RDPs (VMs) and workstations.
• Develop functional interaction with end-users and coordinates with development team on systematic enhancements or changes.
• Perform fault isolation and diagnostic/assessment functions to include determination and execution of corrective action(s) on real-time basis.
• Ability to create working scripts to assist in the maintenance of both servers, VMs and workstations to include automation of processes.
• Assist in planning for upgrades and replacements for the program assets reaching the end of their life cycle.
• Support asset acquisition, installation, configuration, and maintenance.
• Perform administrative level installation, configuration, and maintenance on all components/assets associated with the program.
• Familiarization with data archive and backup processes within Red Hat Linux and Centos networks.
• Familiarization with SQL, SCCM and ePO servers
• Familiarization with VMware environment including vCenter, VDIs and vSANs configuration
• Integrate and support user-facing elements into applications environment.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
• Identify and execute process improvements and other enhancements that improve operational efficiency.
This is you:
• Bachelor’s degree and 12 years’ relevant experience, or Master’s degree and 10 years of relevant experience.
• 8 years of experience with Windows OS
• 8 years of experience in an operations role.
• Familiar with Linux Red Hat and Centos environment.
• Familiar with VMware environment including vCenter, VDIs, vSANs
• Familiar with SCCM and ePO servers
• Familiar with SQL servers
• 4 years of patching servers, backups, permission management.
• 8 years’ experience providing Tier II & III Windows support.
• Familiar with a programming language and Docker containers.
• Familiar with JIRA and Confluence.
• DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification – CompTIA Security+
• Must possess a TS security clearance and be eligible for TS/SCI with Polygraph.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.