The Sr. Systems Engineer will work with IT management to drive the technical vision and purpose of cloud based infrastructure. This role consults with business and technical teams to steer the design and implementation of high-quality software deliverables across all-phases of all applicable projects. This position is expected to leverage considerable industry expertise to consult and influence the business's system definitions in pursuit of industry best practices. The Sr. Engineer is expected to demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm for customer success while aligning technical solutions across Friedkin companies.
This strategic role is expected to propose and implement solutions considering multiple levels of impact, such as cost/benefit, team impact and strategic support. The Sr. Engineer works to identify gaps in solutions and proactively works with both technical and business teams to resolve and reduce impacts. This position is responsible for defining and developing oversight to ensure investments are optimally focused on flexible, supportable solutions for current and future business needs.
* Accountable for architecture and design documentation and review of IT initiatives.
* Accountable for the quality of technical decisions and governance.
* Act as the SME for all aspects of infrastructure implementations in AWS and/or Azure.
* Collaborate across teams to meet project goals. This will include working with developers, IT security, and other IT teams across the organization.
* Deliver business value using creative and effective approaches.
* Design and document processes and procedures to ensure the compute, storage and cloud environments are operating efficiently and in line with best practices.
* Identify and become proficient in emerging technologies needed to provide visionary service and support for customers
* Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
* Manage and monitor all installed infrastructure systems.
* Other responsibilities as requested.
* Requires a bachelors' degree 8 to 10 years of experience in the field or related area or possess an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 5 years of experience architecting and implementing cloud solutions in AWS and/or Azure
* 5 years of Windows and Linux Server experience
* 3 years of virtualization experience, VMware preferred
* 2 years of experience producing enterprise guidelines and standards
* Proven ability to configure and support Azure, AWS, and VMware infrastructure and services
* Ability to articulate technical information to non-technical audience
* Ability to manage and prioritize work — both project based and day-to-day operations
* Automation experience, Ansible preferred
* Comfortable working with both Windows and Linux based systems
* Enterprise storage technologies, Isilon and Pure SAN preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS*
Certifications specific to cloud infrastructure area of focus are a strong advantage.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of the job, the associate is required on a daily basis to analyze and interpret data, communicate, and remain in a stationary position for a significant amount of the work day; and frequently access, input, and retrieve information from the computer and other office productivity devices. The associate is regularly required to move about the office and around the corporate campus. The associate is occasionally required to travel to other sites, including out-of-state, where applicable, for business. The associate must frequently move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While the job is generally performed in an office environment, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, areas in which moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals are present, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the office environment is typically quiet, but the associate may be occasionally exposed to loud noise levels.
Minimal travel is required for this position (up to 20% of the time and on a domestic basis).
*Legally authorized to work in the United States, without Sponsorship
The Friedkin Group and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces by conducting pre-employment drug testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.