The National Solutions Group at Leidos is seeking an experienced professional to serve as a Senior Systems Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your experience to support our customer’s mission. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting best-in-class Systems Engineering operations in a dynamic enterprise environment for a variety of customer driven emphasis items. Qualified applicants must be self-motivated and able to perform expertly given consistently evolving priorities. The candidate will be required to work independently or under general supervision to collaboratively and constructively influence both internal and external organizations for strategic and operational decisions of program entities, Directorate Customers, and Industry Partners to achieve positive results.
- Provide project management expertise ensuring exceptional performance with a focus on service delivery improvements across the Customer’s mission IT ecosphere
- Develop highly innovative solutions to resolve complex problems involving limited and disparate information through application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation, and integration of best practices
- Serve as a Senior Systems Engineer interfacing with PM and division leadership to make comprehensive recommendations and develop executable strategies
- Advise and support system engineering transition requirements of large-scale systems, major system elements, and interfacing systems that are part of complex network environments with geographically distributed components
- Implement community policies and guidance consistent with information system requirement analysis, transition planning, and research and assistance
- Coordinate, facilitate, and verify service transitions across multiple environments including cloud infrastructures
- Support business process improvement and proposal development activities
- Ensure mission operations and baseline stability throughout transition activities
- Provide systems engineering technical support to special projects as needed
- Other related supporting duties as required
- U.S. citizen with Current TS/SCI access and Polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) AND 10 to 15 years of prior relevant experience OR 17 years of applicable experience in lieu of degree
- Mission-specific technical knowledge and operations experience
- 5 or more years of experience managing large and complex projects in the customer environment including strategy and plan development, risk analysis, status reporting, and execution matrices
- Ability to communicate effectively in technical and non-technical verbal and written correspondence with internal team members, customers, and external stake holders
- Expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts in support of the ITIL Framework Service Transition process
- Ability to work independently or under generalized supervision with strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Must be comfortable working on multiple systems and components simultaneously in various configurations.
- Must possess a solid understanding of secure systems engineering and development.
- Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Pay Range $110,500.00 – $170,000.00 – $229,500.00
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.