As a Senior Windows System Engineer, you will be a member of a multi-disciplinary team that supports the Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS). You will design, develop, build, and test Windows-based infrastructure engineering solutions in support of JRSS. You will ensure that the solutions are fully documented and in compliance with applicable security requirements for the classification level of the system.
• Support the design, testing, deployment and maintenance of JRSS Enterprise Windows Servers, backup solutions, and storage solutions.
• Develop automation of routine operational and maintenance procedures
• Support troubleshooting of operational and lab systems
• Develop deployment documentation and operational procedures
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience; additional work experience or Windows courses/certifications may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience with Windows system design, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Good knowledge of Active Directory with experience in managing AD, DNS, GPO’s and DHCP
- Strong knowledge of server virtualization (VMWare 6.5 or later)
- Experience with Citrix
- Experience building and managing systems within VMware
- Experience with virtualized Linux environments (Red Hat, CentOS)
- Strong understanding of WAN/LAN principles, network hardware/protocols (Ethernet adapters, routers, switches, cabling).
- Knowledge of DISA STIGS
- U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Secret clearance. In addition, you must be able to successfully obtain up to Top Secret based on requirements from the customer and program.
- DoD 8570 IAT2 certification
• Experience with the design and implementation of backup solutions
• Experience with the design and implementation of storage solutions (SAN, vSAN)
• Experience with enterprise level architecture design and development
• Experience with container technologies
• Experience with multiple scripting/programming languages (e.g., Python, PowerShell, VBscript, etc.)
• Experience with Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (RDS)
• Experience with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), certificate authority (CA) configuration and how they are used to manage server and user certs
• Experience deploying and configuring McAfee Host Based Security System (HBSS)
• Good Debugging Skills and troubleshooting skills
• Good written and oral communication skills
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.