We Are Hiring:
Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Virtual/ Remote
What You Will Do:
We are looking for SREs who will ensure operational criteria like system availability, capacity, performance, monitoring, self-healing, and deployment automation are implemented throughout the delivery process. We are looking for Engineers who have an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation.
All About You
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Analyze ITSM activities of the platform and provide feedback loop to development teams on operational gaps or resiliency concerns
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Implementing end to end enterprise DevOps solution using Agile and DevOps methodologies leading to faster, reliable deployments.
- Implement, troubleshoot, resolve and assist in issues related to monitoring, logging, alerting, etc.
- Able to perform on-call duties on a rotational basis
- Participate in automation initiatives driving change and efficiencies
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, scripting, pipeline management, and software design.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following is preferred: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby.
- Experience in tools like Splunk, Dynatrace, Kibana, Grafana
- Application and Performance tuning experience with RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, etc) desirable.
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
• 3 years of experience preferred
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Technologies is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.