WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a part of BCG’s GAMMA D team you will work closely with consulting teams on a diverse range of advanced topics. You will have the opportunity to leverage software development methodologies to deliver value to BCG's Consulting & GAMMA (case) teams, GAMMA Product teams and Practice Areas (domain) through providing software developer subject matter expertise, and accelerated execution support.
You will collaborate with teams to gather requirements, specify, design, develop, deliver and support software solutions serving client needs. You will provide technical support through deeper understanding of relevant software solutions and processes to build high quality and efficient technology solutions. Assignments will range from short term Proof of concepts/Minimum viable product to long term cases with enterprise grade software development as a critical enabler through the project level description of the role responsibilities and impact within the organization.
YOU'RE GOOD AT
Software Engineering Architecture & Design:
- Act as trusted advisor to business stakeholders for ‘all things software application’.
- Taking ownership of technical envisioning, scoping and execution of enterprise grade software applications.
- Architecting applications ensuring security, flexibility, scalability and performance.
- Solve complex business problems with technical solutions.
- Identifying roadmap dependencies and collaborate with cross functional teams.
- Setting best practices and standards for development, integration and testing.
- Conceptualize and execute proof of concepts and drive MVPs.· Coach on (new) technologies and establish a team-wide comprehension of solution design.
- Effectively balance guiding and execution; participate in coding.
Collaboration & Outreach:
- Establish oneself as a technical guru for consulting/topic teams; Being the brand ambassador for software development in BCG.
- Thought partnering with highly demanding stakeholders / consulting teams on software development and delivery topics; drawing conclusions on a range of external and internal issues and dependencies
- Communicate insights through sophisticated synthesis and packaging of results (including PPT slides and charts) with stakeholders / consulting teams; collecting, synthesizing, learnings & inputs into new best practices and methodologies
- Contributes to team’s content & IP development
- Being Involved in Software Engineer/Sr Software Engineer recruiting process where needed
Problem Solving & Mentoring:
- You should be strong in solutioning with hands-on experience in software delivery, through the entire life cycle of software development.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to develop and codify knowledge and provide appropriate technical advice where required.
- You will coach developers and build future ready engineering teams with best in the business tools, trends and technologies.
- Must have strong experience
- In Building cloud native PaaS solutions using AWS or Azure
- In Object-Oriented design SOLID principles and modern design patterns
- In Polyglot programming, experienced in multiple frameworks and platforms
- In SOA & Microservices architecture implementation using REST APIs, queue-based messaging patterns, relational and NoSQL databases
- In CD-CI through DevOps tools
- Docker, Kubernetes, and Terraform
- In modern Identity management with OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect & SAML 2.0
- Creating architectural design and deployment documents
- Awareness of the latest security threats and mitigating them by design
- TDD & BDD methodologies.
- And workable knowledge of
- Data ingestion pipelines
- Data visualization with tools like Tableau or Power BI
- Charting libraries like HighCharts, D3.js and Recharts
- More than one of the following frameworks – NodeJS / Express, Python /Django, Java / Spring Boot, C#/.Net, Ruby / Rails
- Front-end frameworks like Angular & React
- And familiar with
- Scrum and Kanban development methodologies.
- Automation, performance and load testing tools.
- Knowledge of UI component libraries to produce high-quality production apps following a high-fidelity design and a specification
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Bachelor's / Master's degree in computer science engineering/technology or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills and storytelling
- A constant learner and individual contributor
- 10+ years of end-to-end software development experience in a commercial setup specifically services or consulting organization
- Additional weightage for contributions made to open source projects, blogs, forums etc. in relevant technologies
YOU'LL WORK WITH
Our technology consultants and specialists partner with our clients and colleagues to build and implement digital solutions through a broad spectrum of activities. Technology jobs and engineering jobs include design of IT architectures, large-scale transformation, agile development, software engineering, cybersecurity consulting, and risk management.