At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers.
As a Software Architect (Java) within PNC's C&IB Treasury Payments MIS organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA or Strongsville, OH.
The position has the following responsibilities:
• Work with business stakeholders to elicit business goals and quality requirements that act as design drivers.
• Review and evaluate designs to determine satisfaction of requirements and design drivers and for compliance to standards.
• Lead development teams through software development life cycle.
• Maintain and evolve the architectures of existing systems.
• Develop reusable software components.
• Establish design and coding standards and best practices.
• Perform code reviews for adherence to standards and best practices.
• Governance of development teams to insure implementations are in accordance with high level design and established standards and best practices.
The following technical skills/knowledge is preferred:
- Participates in defining functional designs and application systems architecture across all technologies and platforms.
- Designs an application's technical infrastructure, such as specific databases, programming languages, utilities, and testing approaches.
- Participates in the assessment of software defects discovered during the quality assurance process.
- Participates in addressing enterprise-wide platform and technology requirements for applications.
- Develops detailed programming instructions to solve business problems through automation support.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused – Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk – Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Analytical Thinking – Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Application Development Tools – Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.
Industry Knowledge – Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
IT Architecture – Knowledge of and ability to design and improve organizational IT structures and blueprints in order to better support business operations and efficiently achieve organizational objectives.
Platform Architecture – Knowledge of technologies and methods to design processing mechanisms and roadmaps to execute business application systems; ability to design these roadmaps and deploy supportive interfaces for end-users to access related systems, in accordance with standards and processes.
Products and Services – Knowledge of major products and services and product and service groups; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Service Oriented Architecture Technologies – Knowledge of the technologies used to enable excellent IT service for business clients; ability to develop, implement and support a variety of such technologies.
Software Process Improvement (SPI) – Knowledge of formal software process improvement disciplines, and ability to assess and improve the quality and operating costs associated with an existing application.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday – Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.