Leidos is seeking a Software Developer that will apply technical resources to accelerate the timely, reliable, and secure delivery of open source data, information, and insights. The Customer requires support to maintain and enhance an existing big data exploitation platform. The selected candidate will work in an agile team environment. The duties and responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
Work will include creating Amazon Web Services (AWS)-based resources; writing, testing, and debugging custom application code; administering database services; and performing data cleaning, formatting, and other forms of data management.
Work closely with the Customer product owner and program manager to deliver user stories necessary to realize product vision.
Coordinate with multiple entities, including mission partners, to ensure tools meet defined requirements.
Apply an agile approach to software development consistent with the Sponsor’s project management and software development frameworks with a focus on demonstrating and delivering releasable software every iteration.
Create and maintain JWICS-accessible resources within the Sponsor’s Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud environment.
Ensure all security vulnerabilities are addressed as appropriate by severity and maintain security accreditation, including maintaining plan of action for vulnerability remediation.
Maintain all source code in Sponsor-wide, remote Git repository.
Apply industry best practices (such as, but not specifically Test Driven Development) for ensuring custom application code is comprehensively tested.
Administer and maintain relational and non-relational transactional database systems within the application security boundary.
Perform data cleaning and formatting for ingested data ensuring they meet quality and content management standards.
- Bachelor’s degree and 12 years of experience. Work experience can be used/combined with education
- TS/SCI with Polygraph Security Clearance
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining cloud based platforms.
- Demonstrated experience administering, securing, and scaling AWS EC2 resources consisting of CentOS/Linux servers with some configured as MySQL database servers.
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining applications using Ruby on Rails with Apache Solr.
- Demonstrated experience developing software in a DevSecOps environment.
- Demonstrated experience with modern system architecture patterns, such as event-driven, microservices and MVC architectures.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines with automated testing and deployment.
- Demonstrated experience using Git as a source code repository.
- Demonstrated experience with Angular, React, or Vue.js
- Demonstrated experience with D3.js or OpenLayers 3
Pay Range $118,300.00 – $182,000.00 – $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.