What you'll do…
It's exciting time to join our Walmart journey. We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer for a key position on Walmart's Fleet(First Mile) Transportation. WMT Fleet is 3rd largest Fleet by Operations and served all the Store and Clubs across the US. First Mile Delivery is the platform that powers 10K+ Walmart's Drivers with their digital experience.
Our Team manages In-cab Experience for Fleet Drivers. Driver Experience team provides a suite of software products which helps the driver perform their day-to-day work with efficiency and accuracy. We are responsible for Mobile App popularly known as NTransit is a cross platform native app aimed to be a mobile assistant for Both Walmart Fleet drivers, and Outside carriers that haul freight for Walmart. This App is powered by distributed cloud native backend services and API which takes care of hauling the 400K loads, 50K trips and our Drivers clocks whooping 28Million miles every week.
What you will do:
Develop highly scalable services to process millions of requests per day and solve complex software systems problems by leveraging state-of-the-art technology.
• Architect and developing distributed systems.
• Provide guidance and mentorship to senior engineers and up level the Team
• Work with the data scientists and product managers to carry out various experiments across different areas of the transportation platforms to improve driver experience
• Drive projects of high visibility across the organization.
What you will have:
• 7+ years' Experience working in a JVM-based Service-Oriented Architecture and a modern frontend stack (Spring boot, ReactJS, etc.)
•Relevant experience with relational / non-relational databases (e.g. Azure Cosmos, MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra, etc.)
• Bachelor/Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Plus if you have:
• 4+ years' experience with large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures
•2+ years' experience leading cross-organization projects
•Experience in internet-scale distributed technologies (e.g. Solr, Kafka, MemCache, and similar technologies) and/or Big Data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Storm and similar technologies)
- Computer Software
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor of Science and 6 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.