What you'll do…
We need super smart engineers to help us build one of the best engineered Omni pricing platforms in the world. Our engineers combine creativity, curiosity, and drive to continuously perfect and revolutionize from the inside out. We are looking to hire intellectually curious engineers who are passionate about technology in general and love to continue learning.
What You Will Be Working On
Our platform is largely an event driven platform implemented via microservice architecture. The platform runs in the cloud and uses a large number of technologies and middleware.
Our team is reshaping pricing as we know it. we’re on a relentless pursuit to build the greatest shopping experience in the world. We believe in bold: that means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no one's looked before and bringing it! Our engineers are utilizing world class technologies, to optimize, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving customers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. We have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is changing the shopping norm and learning a lot along the way, we have a hunch you’d be a great fit!
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you…
- Demonstrate competencies across multiple layers of the tech stack
- Mentoring other team members
- Desire to keep up with technology trends
- Encouraging others to grow and be curious
- Have the desire to learn
You’ll make an impact by…
- Contributing to large scale projects
We are looking for strong Senior Full Stack Engineers to join our growing teams and projects. This person will be involved in the hands-on development and maintenance of pricing tools and systems for all of Walmart. We are looking for engineers with various levels of experience and specialization. Prior knowledge of Java/Spring/Scala or similar frameworks is a plus. All candidates must have a passion for creating software, with a focus on highly distributed, scalable, and fault-tolerant systems, and with an eye towards operational excellence. This includes monitoring, alerting, providing visibility into systems, and automation of CI/CD and testing. Mostly though, you should be passionate about user experience and interested in creating a product that will have a positive impact on millions on users. If you're interested in joining a dynamic, creative, and innovative company at the ground level then this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
- Working with technical leads, engineers, designers, business analysts and operations teams to develop systems that power Walmart’s pricing services.
- Prototyping and developing new ideas and participate in all parts of the lifecycle from research to release.
- Writing clean, scalable, well-tested quality code with strong knowledge of OO design.
- Taking ownership of the development process through testing and automation of CI/CD
- Taking ownership of services in production through monitoring, alerting and providing visibility into systems.
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; enhancing design to prevent re-occurrences of defects; ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs; interacting with project manager to provide input on project plan; and providing leadership to the project team.
- Supports business objectives by collaborating with business partners to identify opportunities; addressing high-priority initiatives (for example, business strategy, technical feasibility, implementation alternatives); identifying short- and long-term solutions; and leading cross-functional partnership.
Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart's technology environment by analyzing industry best practices; bench marking industry against internal processes and solutions; researching or influencing future industry solutions for fit with internal needs; and defining software development guidelines, standards and processes.
What you’ll bring…
- 9-13+ years of experience Full Stack engineer experience Java, Spring, Kotlin, React.js
- in design and development of high-scalable applications development
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving capability
- Motivated team player who goes over and above what is asked
- Strong hands-on development skills to prototype technical solutions.
- Strong desire to drive change, and ability to adapt to change quickly. Proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills – including negotiation, facilitation, and consensus building skills; ability to influence and persuade, without direct control.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 4 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.