Number of Openings:
A Day in the Life
State Farm is doing ground-breaking work in the public cloud to accelerate financial services to the next level. The person we are looking for will find challenging, rewarding work, a great team to work with, and industry-leading benefits.
This position involves a broad set of technical skill and experience with Software Development and DevOps Enablement. We expect that few individuals will have experience with all of the skills desired, but candidates with software development experience, DevOps engineering experience, along with an eagerness to learn and the ability to work in the grey are welcome to apply.
We Are Looking for Candidates with the following skills and experiences:
- Container orchestration / Kubernetes experience
- CI/CD background: specifically Gitlab CI experience
- AWS background (S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, IAM)
- Infrastructure as Code (ex: Puppet, Terraform)
- Version control (must be conversant with Git)
- Experience implementing monitoring solutions for applications/infrastructure
- Conversant with scripting languages (i.e. python, bash)
- Background using Linux
- Microservices architecture knowledge
- Basic networking knowledge
In addition, the following experiences are beneficial:
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment, foster innovation, encourage diversity of thought, and incorporate new ideas
What’s in it for you:
- Work with cutting edge technologies and business models
- Contribute to brand new, patent-worthy, concepts and products.
- Be part of small, self-empowered teams.
- Participate in customizable skill-level and personal development training.
- Opportunity to identify, research, and feed the development of new and experimental products.
- Freedom to utilize different technologies, languages, and frameworks that apply to the problem being solved.
- Influence and inform solution design efforts that consider performance, risk mitigation, user experience, and testability.
- Participates in Design Thinking to identify personas, develop problem solving ideas, and pitch ideas to leadership as a team.
- Competitive Benefits, Pay, and Bonus Potential.
- Flexible work schedules. (Design your start and end time)
- STEM Mentoring Opportunities: Give back to the community in your area of expertise through volunteering at STEM events for students!
- Local volunteer opportunities.
- 401k plan and fully funded pension.
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Tuition Reimbursement, Health Initiatives, and more!
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.